Famous for offering help & advice

Default FamilySearch scanned document images

I don't know whether this is a new thing or just something I have never noticed before.

I had always assumed that unless there was that little camera icon next to a record in FamilySearch then no scanned image was available for that record - but that doesn't appear to be the case. Even records without that camera icon have images if you click on the other page-icon thing ( know what I mean ? ). Perhaps it isn't true for every record, but I have been very lucky recently with several images available.

Anyone else noticed this ?

Famous for offering help & advice

I have now decided its a bit hit-and-miss. Sometimes an image is available without the camera icon, but often not. It seems to depend on the country involved.

Knowledgeable and helpful

Quote Originally Posted by wimsey View Post
    I don't know whether this is a new thing or just something I have never noticed before.

I had always assumed that unless there was that little camera icon next to a record in FamilySearch then no scanned image was available for that record - but that doesn't appear to be the case. Even records without that camera icon have images if you click on the other page-icon thing ( know what I mean ? ). Perhaps it isn't true for every record, but I have been very lucky recently with several images available.

Anyone else noticed this ?
    Yes, I have noticed it, especially for Parish Register records.Some that I have found cannot be printed or downloaded so I take a screenshot.