Thread: HMS Cynthia

Default HMS Cynthia

Hello as anyone got any photos or information my dad served on this ship in ww2

Valued member of Brit-Gen

Read the article below, there were more than one HMS Cynthia, but if you go to the site there are images as well, best of luck

HMS Cynthia
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Five ships of the Royal Navy have borne the name HMS Cynthia. A sixth was planned but never completed:

HMS Cynthia (1796) was an 18-gun sloop launched in 1796 and broken up in 1809.
    HMS Cynthia (1810) was a 16-gun sloop listed between 1810 and 1815.
    HMS Cynthia (1826) was a 6-gun packet brig purchased in 1826 and wrecked off Barbados on 6 June 1827.
    HMS Cynthia was to have been a Rosario-class wooden screw sloop. She was laid down in 1861 but cancelled in 1863.
    HMS Cynthia (1898) was a destroyer launched in 1898, classified as a D-class destroyer in 1913 and sold in 1920.
    HMS Cynthia (J345) was a Catherine-class minesweeper launched in 1943 and transferred to the Royal Navy under lend-lease. She was returned to the US Navy in 1947.
    Schooner.svg DAB list gray.svg This article includes a list of ships with the same or similar names. If an internal link for a specific ship led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended ship article, if one exists.
    Categories: Set indices on shipsRoyal Navy ship names

Thanks i did know there was a few ships called Cynthia the one i am interested in is J345 ww2

Google images may have a picture of the Cynthia or (as a second best option) another Catherine-class ship...

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by gazza23 View Post
    Hello as anyone got any photos or information my dad served on this ship in ww2

Hi I found this photograph in my Dads album of J345 HMS Cynthia (BAM 15) Minesweeper , from the photo its dated 13 May 1945 Norway
    Message me if you would like a copy of the photo sent :-)

Starting to feel at home

Default HMS CYNTHIA aka J345