Thread: Greetings

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Post Greetings

I have been looking for my family for a number of years and have built up a family tree with some 2,000 people. The funny thing is that I started with my father and believe it or not have got no further back than his father and mother! He was Scottish, a Captain in the British India Line and during WW2 served as a troopship Captain in the RNVR. This is why I joined British-Genealogy in order to continue looking for my Scottish Relatives.

I am a 86 year old retired Rhodesian (now Zimbabwe) Company Director who also lived and worked in Basutoland (now Lesotho) and South Africa. On retirement I moved with my wife to Australia to be near two of our children, the third living in Canada.

In between holding down my civilian job from 1966 to 1980 I served in the RRAF and later in the BSAP (Anti-terrorist unit) undertaking periods of short service call up during the Bush War.

My Family Tree is on the MyHeritage.com website.

Derek M Davidson

Welcome to British-Genealogy! I hope we can be helpful. To begin with why not take a look at some of the sections of this forum and decide where you think your questions should be asked.
    Give us the information you have already found about your father and grandparents - so that our members don't spend time duplicating your work - and I am sure that our members will soon be finding all sorts of interesting things.
    You might care to read our terms and conditions of membership, as these explain what you can and cannot post - the most important being that we do not allow details of living people to be posted without their permission.
    I look forward to seeing your questions
    Sadly, our dear friend Ann (alias Ladkyis) passed away on Thursday, 26th. December, 2019.
    Footprints on the sands of time