Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Reputation beyond repute

I know she HAS to have one!
    How can you know that? Some births went unregistered. Fact.

aroundincircles

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Goodey View Post
    How can you know that? Some births went unregistered. Fact.
    Out of 5 potential births, why would you register nos 1,2, 3 and 5 ?

Now if none had BC then fair enough

Hi
    WILLIAM KENNY in 1881
    MARY ELLEN KENNY in 1883
    JOHN WILLIAM KENNY in 1885
    HANNAH / ANNA in in 1891
    SARAH (she is another story as I was once in touch with a relative of Sarahs who said that Hannah was only Sarahs half sister - and Sarahs father was called Patrick Noon!?!)
    Do you have the birth certificates for all of these children? Using the GRO index, which now gives the mother's maiden name, I can find Mary Ellen Kenny mmn Kelly in 1883.
    There is a John Kenny ( No second name William) Liverpool mmn Kelly Sept 1/4 1885
    There is a William Kenny birth June 1/4 in West Derby 1881 but mmn is Turner.
    I can't find a Hannah/Anna Kenny/Kelly in 1891
    I searched without entering the mother's maiden name and used +/- 1 year either side of the dates you gave.
    You have all the children you gave on the censuses after 1881?
    Did Roger die 1917 in Leeds registration district?

Sorry for all the questions but I am trying to get a handle on this.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Dundee10

Quote Originally Posted by aroundincircles View Post
    SARAH (she is another story as I was once in touch with a relative of Sarahs who said that Hannah was only Sarahs half sister - and Sarahs father was called Patrick Noon!?!)
    Perhaps this 1901 census record might be of interest.

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:X9VR-BHB

There is only one birth registered in Liverpool 1896-1900 for a Sarah NOON and the mother's maiden surname is KENNY.

There is a birth registered in 1900 in Liverpool for a Margaret NOON, mother's maiden surname KELLY.

What are the details from the death cert of Roger KENNY? I was wondering if he had been in an institution.

What are the details from Ann/Hannah's marriage certificate? Address? Witnesses?

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Link to earlier thread

https://www.british-genealogy.com/ar.../t-14516.html?

Daughter Maria Helena b 25 May 1885 married Aug 1901 George McNabb, her father is Roger the address given at the time of marriage is Boundary Street
    Searching the address in the 1901 census shows a

Mary KENNY b 1855 Liverpool single Aunt to head of household
    RG13; Piece: 3408; Folio: 6; Page: 3
    Bartholomew Riley 35
    Bridget Riley 32
    Mary J Riley 7
    Lilian Riley 10/12
    Mary J Kenny 46

She was nee Higgins. Searching the RC records has the names as Bartholemai, & Birgitta

Name well known on Brit-Gen

It's late, however I have looked for Bridget Higgins b 1869 Liverpool and find her as a 2 yearold living with Michael & Jane HIGGINS

1871 RG10 3798 10 14

1881 with a Bridget Kenny b 1821 Ireland as grandaughter

1891 With Daniel Kenny as his niece

All census show the address a Sand Street

She married 1893

Riley = Reilly

Dundee10

At number 7 Boundary Place in 1901 is Mary E KENNY with grandmother Mary KELLY.

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:X926-2V9

aroundincircles

Quote Originally Posted by christanel View Post
    Hi

Do you have the birth certificates for all of these children? Using the GRO index, which now gives the mother's maiden name, I can find Mary Ellen Kenny mmn Kelly in 1883.
    There is a John Kenny ( No second name William) Liverpool mmn Kelly Sept 1/4 1885
    There is a William Kenny birth June 1/4 in West Derby 1881 but mmn is Turner.
    I can't find a Hannah/Anna Kenny/Kelly in 1891
    I searched without entering the mother's maiden name and used +/- 1 year either side of the dates you gave.
    You have all the children you gave on the censuses after 1881?
    Did Roger die 1917 in Leeds registration district?

Sorry for all the questions but I am trying to get a handle on this.
    Christina
    Thankyou Christina - sorry for delay - been working nights.

I have:

ROGER and MARY ANN (nee Kelly) Marriage Cert from 1881 (Best Man Patrick Noon! yep i know)

Mary Ellen Kenny 11/6/83 birth certicate

John Kenny 18/7/1885- birth certicate, bapstismal entry, 2 marriage certs and death cert.

William Kenny 29/4/1881 Birth certificate

Nothing for Hannah/Anna aprt from Baptismal certificate. In which
    Hannahs Marriage certificate to my grandad in Sep 1913 states her as HANNAH KELLY, fathers name ROGER KELLY (!) deceased.

Sarah NOON 10/8/1897 Father Patrick Noon, mother Mary Noon Formerly KELLY (!!)

Death Certicates..

MARY ANN KENNY 1903 Wife of Roger Kenny and his address and occupation. Died in hospital - informant Patrick Kelly (brother) this is what i dont get either - if she was with Patrick Noon and was the mother of Sarah (see Sarahs bc entry above) how did she die 6 years later the wife of Roger.

aroundincircles

Thanks Dundee10

Apologies as I have over 25 years worth of paperwork to wade through, I get on a mission - then completely draw blanks and put it all away! and there it says like a nagging ache for a couple of years - then im back!

Margaret Noon you mentioned went onto die at about age 2 or 3 (from memory) I do have Roger Kenny death certifacite but cannot put my hand to it - I will be back later tongiht with some info - I just wanted to reply.

Hannah marriage Cert states her as HANNAH KELLY- fathers name ROGER KELLY!!!! instead of Kenny.

aroundincircles

Quote Originally Posted by Dundee10 View Post
    At number 7 Boundary Place in 1901 is Mary E KENNY with grandmother Mary KELLY.

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:X926-2V9

Yes thats our Mary Ellen - I have seen his before.

Address that keep cropping up within my search for the Kennys/Kellys/Noons is Collingwood Court Street/place. Boundary Street. Prince Edwin Court.
    All different house and Court numbers.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast