Thread: 1939 Register

Famous for offering help & advice

Default 1939 Register

you probably already know this, but it looks as if you no longer have to take out a whole year subscription to access the 1939 register. In fact the FMP pricing structure seems to have changed recently ?

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Seems that FMP are going down the same route as Ancestry and offering different levels of records. More details https://www.
    findmypast.co.uk/help/search?Query=newsubspackages&utm_source=fmp&utm_me dium=email&utm_content=1045289&utm_campaign=servic e

Note that the lowest level gives you only Britain and Ireland BMDs and census. No parish records, 1939 Register, military stuff, etc.
    Though if you create any family trees you will be able to access them even if you cancel your subscription. Doesn't say anything about being able to amend them, just access them.

Seems as if you can still buy pay-as-you-go credits as well.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Famous for offering help & advice

one thing I particularly like about FMP is that once you have viewed a record or document or newspaper page as part of a subscription (and got that little tell-tale tick to show you have viewed it), then you can go back to that record or image forevermore, even when your subscription has lapsed. I see that as a major advantage over another well-known family history website.