Thread: Hi there

Smile Hi there

I have been researching my ancestors for longer than I dare to admit to, and to date have found no one as far back as the 16th century on many trees outside England. My tree spans Warwickshire, Leicestershire, Staffordshire, Yorkshire and Essex. I have found no illustrious forebears, though many ag. labs. some paupers and one criminal. Quite a few were soldiers.
    I also teach family history so I am reviewing the site with a view to recommending it to my class.Best wishes to all:

Welcome to the British-Genealogy forums
    There are quite a few of us here who speak in a whisper when anyone asks us how long we have been pursuing this hobby/obsession.
    Being here and helping others find their families gives us another outlet and a break from some of our own ancestors who refuse to come out of hiding.
    Make yourself a big pot of tea before you start investigating the various forums. You could be here for quite a while.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Hi Diane and welcome to Brit-Gen. I hope you find what you are looking for. The members of this forum combine their knowledge and experience and are a formidable force when activated. Some members have been researching for more than 50 years (that puts me to shame as I have only been at it for 30)
    Not sure I care to be 'evaluated' but I think you'll find that this forum is the most friendly and interesting place to bring those family history conundrums.
    You don't say where in the world you are situated which is a shame as how we help people depends on the repositories and archives they can reach. It's no good telling someone in Saskatchewan to go to the National Archives at Kew is it?
    I hope you enjoy your tour around the various sections of our forum and I look forward to seeing your queries.
    Sadly, our dear friend Ann (alias Ladkyis) passed away on Thursday, 26th. December, 2019.
    Footprints on the sands of time

Knowledgeable and helpful

Diane may be hiding her light under a bushel as I think she has a column in Family Tree Magazine. If I have mistakenly identified you, apologies. pwholt