Question Edward/Eddie Simpson SAS SBS LRDG

Hi Everyone

I'm just new to this community - still exploring so please forgive me if this is posted in the wrong place.

I'm looking for information on my grandfather Edward Leo Simpson (Eddie Simpson).

He was from NI and was a trooper, then was in the SAS and also SBS.

He was a colour sergeant I believe.

He might have been in the LRDG before the SAS

He survived WW2.

Does anyone have any information about him? He never talked about the war and I'd like to find out more info.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get records?

Thanks everyone!

Laura Simpson

WW2 records have not been released by the MOD for general publication, but you will be able to buy a copy - see THIS post.
    Basically, you need a copy of his death certificate (they accepted a photocopy when I ordered my Dad's) and it'll cost you 30 pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesley Robertson View Post
    WW2 records have not been released by the MOD for general publication, but you will be able to buy a copy - see THIS post.
    Basically, you need a copy of his death certificate (they accepted a photocopy when I ordered my Dad's) and it'll cost you 30 pounds.
    Hi Lesley

Thanks for your reply. I've just printed out the Request for Information held on the personnel records of deceased service personnel. Application From part 1

So I need to fill out a second form too?

I'm going to request this information and thanks for the tip on the photocopy of the death cert.

Best

Laura

You just need to follow whatever they say on the site. I haven't looked for a few months, and they change things sometimes. Since you don't have a service number, and are unsure about his regiments, you'll need to give them his birthdate as well as his full name.

They can be a bit slow, if I remember rightly it took them it took about 3 months for my Dad's records to come.

Enjoy!