Knowledgeable and helpful

Default Help with FMP Please

I'm looking for my ancestor Elizabeth Larkin in the 1871 census. Elizabeth was born in Shenfield, Essex in 1791. In 1871 she was a widow.

On Ancestry I have found an Elizabeth Larkin but to double check she is mine (there are some dopplegangers) I thought I'd look at the others in her household. Ancestry have transcribed the head of the household as Clarina Larkin aged 59 which can't be right!

The Registration District is Billericay in Essex, the sub-registration district is Brentwood, the Ed is 1, the Schedule is 114, Piece 1656, Folio 15, Page 21 and I'm pretty sure its right but I can't read the name of the head of household either!

How do I put the references above into FMP to see what they transcribe or can someone read the name of the head of household please?

Famous for offering help & advice

Quote Originally Posted by AudreyF View Post
    How do I put the references above into FMP to see what they transcribe or can someone read the name of the head of household please?
    The trick is not to use the general Census search, but to go to A-Z of Record Sets and select the specific census that you want. Then you get the boxes to insert the piece number, folio etc.

Head of house is her son Thomas.

To check on fmp select the Census from the list given in A-Z of Record Sets. The format for the search allows you to enter Piece Number, Folio and page Number.

Emeltee

Snap to arthurk and emeltee!

I'm not surprised at the Anc transcription error because the writing is awful but I think FMP have it correctly transcribed.

Peter

Thank you! I've learnt how to do something I didn't know and found a son I didn't know about - didn't have a Thomas!