Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Sue - there is a quite a bit of stuff that the BG sleuths have found which doesn't marry up with details you've given us.
    I think you and you friend ought to carefully study what we've found and then go back and re-assess the information you had previously. We might have all been barking up the wrong tree of course.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesley Robertson View Post
    FreeBMD shows the death of a Juanita M Saunders in Bath in 1958, aged 70, giving her a birth year around 1888.

If they met when his regiment was abroad, they possibly married there.
    Quote Originally Posted by geneius View Post
    This may not be e the same person, there is an entry in the 1939 register where she states single
    I think we can probably eliminate this Juanita M Saunders from any connection to George William Saunders' family.
    I've just done a check for a marriage of a male Saunders to a Juanita, 1900-1940.
    Only one comes up - a Reginald P Saunders married either a Lydia J Rundle or a Juanita M Lang in June quarter 1911 St Columb (Cornwall) registration district.

Tracing Juanita Lang and her family back in the 1911, 1891 etc census would fit with the Juanita Saunders on the 1939 Register.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Dundee10

Quote Originally Posted by suemalings View Post
    He was batman to Sir. Roger Bellingham.
    There was a Captain Roger BELLINGHAM who was the second son of Sir Henry Bellingham, and brother of the Marchioness of Bute. He was aide-de-camp to the Lord Lieutenant of Ireland (who was at that time Earl Aberdeen) and he was killed at Flanders in 1915.

https://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/205290426

Super Moderator

This is the family I am researching, so I will look and see who is the owner.

There are too many questions and queries going on here!

I have not yet heard anything from the person I got the original information from, but as soon as I do hear I will report.

Many thanks for all your efforts.

Sue

Dundee10

Quote Originally Posted by suemalings View Post
    I am waiting to hear if there are any family members who may have any birth, marriage or death certificates but in the meantime, does anyone have any ideas where I can find any more info?

Thanks

Sue
    The certificates are freely available online. There was only one death for a George SAUNDERS in Belfast on 10 Aug 1921 and he died from locomotor ataxia, not Bright's disease. The informant was daughter Ada. His marriage to Bridget REILLY was in 1902 at Birr, King's County and he was a coachman of full age, father William a carpenter.

The children were born all over the place - Ada in 1902 at Tullow, Co. Carlow, George William in 1904 at Queenstown, Co. Cork, Annie Lydia in 1906 at Curraglass, Co. Cork, Bridget in 1908 at Dublin, William in 1910 at Dublin, John French in 1914 at Belfast (registered Dublin). George is variously described as a Coachman, Caretaker, and Labourer, and in 1914 he is a Soldier.

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy....vil-search.jsp

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12