Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Sandyhall View Post
    Thanks I have a little knowledge of EIC.

I have found 1841 census for a John Staniforth with no names for his wife and 2 children.
    i would like if I can to see if this is the father of William Staniforth born 1835 London Middlesex.
    1841 Census - HO107 702 6 6
    John's occupation is "Victualler"
    FMP has transcribed as Stainforth, not Staniforth

1851 Census - HO107 1545 125 3
    John's occupation is "Licensed Victualler"

Have found baptisms for Edmund (John), William (Henry) and a possible GRO registration for Martha

The 1841 Census shows only 1 male child age 4, 1 female child age 1. If it is the 1851 family there should be 2 male children. Also, John's age in '51 does not fit the unrounded age of the John in '41. I cannot find the 1851 family in 1841.

Question - do you think they are the same family?
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

Growing old Disgracefully

Thank you helachau

I can not find William Staniforth born about 1827 with father John Staniforth.

The reason I thought they might be connected was the children's names the 2 that died are Maria Margaret and John William Earnest.

John Born 1800 on the East India documents mothers name was Maria.

You initially mentioned William Staniforth, born London, Middlesex 1835. This wd. be the 16yr old carpenter, born Chelsea, on the '51 Census? Your latest post mentions William Staniforth, born about 1827.
    Can you clarify?
    regards
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

Yes you are right I am sorry about that I have been having another look at the records all the Census have him born 1835 Chelsea or London but on the Marriage cert I took it to be 1850 he gives his age as 23 and so I calculated it 1827 . My mistake They where married in 1858.

Brains are addled today had Zachary to look after. Sometimes I just love having him but to day he's given me earache.
    I'm of to bed now.

How I got here

Albert George Fear b 1895 Married Ada Staniforth b 1901

Ada's father is Sidney Wallace Staniforth b abt 1867 married Anettta Williams.

Sidney Wallace's father is William Staniforth b 1835 London married Rosa Courtney Thomas b 1835

Williams father is John Staniforth - Grocer taken from is Marriage Cert 4 Aug 1858

I just can not get past this point. I can not find William on 1841 Census with or without a John Staniforth unless that is him on 1841 and 51 census found but has his occupation as Victualler.

Update on this Thread

I have just found my William on the 1841 Census with Richard Down, Occ. Carpenter and family that he was with in 1851, Pimlico, Middlesex.
    miss transcribed as William Stanford born
    1841 UK Census was on 6 Jun 1841 at Wellington Street in St Luke Chelsea, Kensington, London & Middlesex, England.

Did Apprentice to Carpenters have indenture papers and where do I find them ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12