Thread: felstead harvey

Default felstead harvey

hi I am trying to decipher what medals my father in law got in WW1 . he was in RAMC number 1666. Looking at his medal record he has a the following codes... Victory RAMC/101B 82 PAGE 624.
    British ditto, 14Star RAMC/5 Page 5.. but on the next line there is something I cant see properly I will type what I think it is;- Clay 50191 CB Rosinall 3023/Pd/-/9/22 the entry was on 7/10/1915 can anyone help please... thank you plus where could I have copies of the medals made.

Welcome to the British-Genealogy forums
    So your father-in-law was Ernest Felstead RAMC 1666?
    His Medal Roll Index card shows he received the British, Victory and 14 Star medals. The last one because he joined up prior to 1915
    Underneath is written Clasp 50191 CL (clasp) and Roses For an explanation look here
    There are quite a few sites that offer replacement medals. One of them is our sponsors Forces War Records. https://www.forces-war-records.co.uk/shop/
    Unfortunately his service record appear to be amongst the 60% plus that were destroyed by bombing/fire in WW11.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

thank you so much for the quick reply. this is all very interesting. I will order copies of all of them.

I also have a personal query, my own father was also in the RAMC but during the second world war, he was born 17.07.1926 and the story is that he signed up when he was under 18. We were also told he was blown up in India and survived... he definitely survived I was born in 1961 !! His name was Alexander Waddell is there any way I can trace his details he lived in Glasgow.

Hi
    WW11 service records are still held by the Mod. You can apply for them and this 'sticky' explains and gives links where you can download the application forms. You will need a copy of his death certificate and 30 pounds. Then some patience as you wait for their delivery. You do not need his service number.
    William Burroughs

i will still get this even though he signed up young?? he may have lied about his age ...

If he definitely joined up then he will have a service record. You will have to pay the 30 pounds for the search but if they don't find a service record for him you will not get a refund.
    Christina
    William Burroughs