Default Frank Newman in the Anglo-Zulu War

Frank Newman (born 1858) is my great grandfather and I have recently come across his obituary in a newspaper item in 1934 whilst searching through some old family papers. The obituary indicates that Frank was born in Stedham, Sussex and at the age of 18 enlisted as a drummer in the 1st Battn. Wiltshire Regiment. He apparently saw service in the Zulu War in 1879 for which he held the African medal with clasp. He afterwards served in the reserve, being finally discharged in 1901.

I would be particularly interested in searching for his service details whilst in South Africa so could anyone possibly point me in the right direction as to where this information may be found.

Findmypast has a military record for a Frank Newman of Stedman, born c1859. it is a pay per view site or you could ask your local library if they have the free version.
    I think The National Archives have licensed these records out to Findmypast and if so they won't be found anywhere else online.
    Here is The National Archives guide to soldiers and their records.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Many thanks for your response to my posting Christina. I'll check those records out.