Thread: Photograph

ewan

Default Photograph

Hello

Can anyone help me out with this please? I have a photograph that is needed to put on an 'Order of Service' but there is a date stamp and other things that could do with being taken out of the photograph.

Would anyone be able to do this for me.

Many thanks
    Ewan

Hi Ewen
    Do you have the photograph in your pictures folder on your computer? if you do you can using the editing tool to remove the date stamp. I am not sure what you mean by 'other things' and removing them would depend on their position in the photo. I can only do very basic stuff with photos, others may be more talented.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

ewan

Hi Christina, thanks for your reply

I am useless at anything to do with editing photographs, I know some people are a dab hand at this sort of task and it is a second nature to them, hopefully someone will be able to help me.

Other things in the photograph - there is a fridge with lots of fridge magnets on, really I needed them to be edited out so as they can't be seen.

Many thanks
    Ewan

Knowledgeable and helpful

Ewan, if you search 'photo retouching services' you will find a number of firms offering to do the work for you. Most will want you to send them an image by email but some will accept the original photo by post, copy it and work on the copy. If you find one near to you, you could perhaps visit them. They should also give you a quote for the work prior to ordering.

Peter

Valued member of Brit-Gen emmteeyess's Avatar

I've had good success just using the 'Paint' program on my pc.

I copy and paste an adjacent 'clean' area over the bits I don't want. The cleaness/seamlessness of the coverage depends on the background pasted.

Cheers, MTS