Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Brilliant Janet. Thanks very much for this info. I really appreciate it.

So sorry for the late reply, I've been at work (I've only just got in). I can't thank you all enough! This is really great stuff, I've been searching for the Williams family for two years, and I'm excited to tell my family everything you've found for me.

I've just phoned my nan who said that though she cannot remember the first name of William's mother, she remembers the surname/maiden name and it was Burton.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Hannah90

We may seem impatient for your next response, but we can wait!

Pleased that between us we have given you info albeit some is red herrings ( oops mine)

Come back and let us know how you get on with this

janbooth

That's brilliant, Hannah, and does confirm what we have already found. So it looks as if Tansy is either Jessie May or Alice Sarah doesn't it.

Emily BURTON is in the 1871 census of Runcorn (RG10/3692, folio 31, page 10) along with parents & siblings, amongst whom is a Jessie Ann. Emily's baptismal parish register entry at Wolverhampton in 1864 is available to view on FMP.

Janet

Hi everyone! I've added all the fantastic information you found to my family tree, and I've researched further into the Burton family tree- They worked on the barges and narrow boats in Birmingham, and the Mersey flats after they settled on the Wirral.

Would anyone be able to help me with one more issue? I'm yet again struggling with the Williams side of the family...you have provided me with the name of my Great, Great Grandfather James Williams born 1863 in Wales, and I have found the name of his father William Williams, but no date of birth and no documentation...again it's the issue with the common surname, I'm never 100% sure I've found the right family. Any pointers on how to research would be greatly appreciate....my family doesn't really have interesting surnames Smith, Williams, Nugent, Parry and Southern so research can become slightly tedious. When I first started researching I had to delete some research for the reason that I had the wrong Nugent family. Anyway....here is the info on the Williams side of the family:

William Henry Williams 1889-1948, born in Birkenhead, James Williams 1863-? born in Wales, William Williams ?

Thanks again for all the great info you've provided. I really appreciate it.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

These maybe William Henry's siblings
    Jessie May 1891 q2 8A 541 died 1962 West Cheshire 10A 683
    John James Burton ( B 8 March 1894) q2 1894 8A 492 died 1896 Birkenhead 8A 316 Burial 16 June 1896 St Mary Birkenhead 189 Cleveland Street
    Alice Sarah q1 1896 8A 505
    James George Burton 1899 8a 547

Thank you very much for this.

janbooth

Hannah,

The census records we have found for your James WILLIAMS show that he was born in Flint, Wales, which does narrow it down somewhat and his year of birth varies from 1861 onwards. He states on his marriage record that his father William WILLIAMS is a Farmer. Looking through FMP's Welsh records for the baptism of a James WILLIAMS father William WILLIAMS in Flintshire does not bring up many records - only 2 in fact. One baptised in 1868 at Bistre which is maybe a bit late and the other looks as if it may be an illegitimate birth/baptism in 1858 but the father's name & occupation is correct as per James's marriage information.

James WILLIAMS is proving somewhat elusive in the census records prior to 1901 where he is in Horselydown, London. In theory, he & Emily should be in Birkenhead in the 1891 census looking at the birthplace of the children in the 1901 census. Will now have a cup of coffee and see if that regenerates the little grey cells so that I manage to find them!

Janet

Janet, I can't thank you enough for all the info. I've asked the family historian at work to help me with the Williams family, and she is at a loss. So the info you've provided me is very much a appreciated. I have struggled with James and William for a while, due to the surname and as you've stated 'James WILLIAMS is proving somewhat elusive in the census records prior to 1901'. I've never really had any problems with family research before, but with researching the Williams side I have hit so many brick walls.

janbooth

Glad to have been of help, Hannah. Looking for WILLIAMS in Wales is a bit like looking for SMITH in England, isn't it. I still haven't managed to find James WILLIAMS in early census records but I have been a bit busy recently so haven't had a lot of spare time to look in any great depth but will try to get down to looking for him in the next few days.

Janet

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234