Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Hi, thank you very much for the help. The only info I found on Williams parents was on the medical report I received from Chester archives (From William's time at Upton mental hospital). The only thing it mentioned about his parents was that his mother was still alive at the time of his (William's death) in 1948-no names mentioned though.

I received an email from a relative today, and she said William may have had a brother named George.

Thanks very much for your help and advice- I really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah90 View Post
    The only thing it mentioned about his parents was that his mother was still alive at the time of his (William's death) in 1948-no names mentioned though.
    Thanks very much for your help and advice- I really appreciate it.
    I wonder if there was an obituary in the local paper for William in 1948?
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

In-regards to the 1939 census William and Elizabeth lived at 48 Birkett Avenue, Leasowe.

Christina, I'm not sure if there would have been on obituary as William tied to take his own life, and the family never spoke about it. I didn't know this until I researching him...but you never know, there may have been something in the paper. What do you think?

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Hannah90

Do you know

1) William Henry's date of birth?
    2) have any further information about Tansey?
    3) There is likely to be a Coroners enquiry to determine the cause and verdict of William H's death

Hi genius.

William died in 23rd August 1948, at Upton Mental hospital after an attempt on his own life.

I've been told that Tansy was a nurse and may have died in an insane asylum possibly the same place as her brother (Upton), though I think she outlived her brother. William died in 1948, so Tansy has be after 1948.

I'm sorry that I can't provide a lot of info on the subject-this is why I've struggled for so long trying to find this family.

The National Archives guide to Coroners' Reports may be of some help. Here
    I haven't looked at it in any depth as I have to leave this for now.
    It may be worth while asking at the Cheshire archives about newspapers of the time.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Did William H or his wife have a Newsagents ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah90 View Post
    In-regards to the 1939 census William and Elizabeth lived at 48 Birkett Avenue, Leasowe.
    I have found the family in the 1939 register, unfortunately William's record is closed............so no help there to establish an exact date of birth.
    Alma

A fountain of knowledge

HANNAH

I admit I haven't followed this in depth but notice you say in post 15 that you think Tansy was a Nurse.
    I googled UK Register of Nurses and there are records online for the "UK Nursing Register 1898-1968."

Think you also said that she may have died in the same place as her brother for whom you have records - are hers
    there too?

Apologies if none of this makes sense but just a thought!
    Jill

janbooth

In case you do not already have this, the parish register entry for the marriage of William Henry WILLIAMS & Elizabeth ROBINSON is available to view on FMP.

Following on from what all the other members have found for your, Ancestry's England Marriages show that the marriage of James GRAINGER, widower, aged 53, father Robert GRAINGER and Elizabeth WILLIAMS, father Patrick FOX, took place 5 July 1903 at Liverpool and that she was a widow aged 42.

Elizabeth FOX looks to be in the 1871 census of Birkenhead together with parents Patrick & Ann FOX plus various siblings (RG10/3745, folios 175/176, pages 6/7). She is in the 1881 census of Oxton, Birkenhead (as Bessie FOX) working as a General Servant in the household of Mary PEARSON (RG11/3587, folio 132, page 29). I cannot find her as Elizabeth FOX in the 1891 census and am having difficulty finding her with any certainty as Elizabeth WILLIAMS at the moment but will keep looking.

Janet

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast