Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

As my son will testify , I'm no computer expert but I wonder if the problem is because the brackets either side of IMG aren't the same?
    However, I know Chris has referred the problem to Admin, so I'll leave them to figure it out.

ADDED: I just managed to post a jpg file without any problems. (Though don't look for it. I've deleted it!) I've still got Windows 7 Home Premium (for about another fortnight til I finally get my new laptop) and I'm Firefox. Wonder if it's a Windows 10 problem?

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

I have posted a photo without any trouble at all using Win 10 and Firefox on my laptop.
    Like Pam I do not understand the tech stuff so will have to wait until admin answer my call.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

I have WIN10, The message "You may not post attachments. [IMG} code is on" is also on my "Permissions" list, and I have just successfully loaded a test jpeg photo (the system will not accept Tiffs).

(In case anyone is wondering why they can't see the photos that Pam, Chris & I have uploaded, we're doing it in the Mod's area rather than litter the system with irrelevant photos).

thewideeyedowl

Hi All

This is puzzling, partly because I cannot find the [IMG} message or "Permissions" anywhere - probably not looking properly. My problem, and not part of this thread.

However, I have just been into My Settings > My Account > General Settings and note "Enhanced Attachment Upload on" is checked. This is probably the forum default, because I am not aware of fiddling with it during my years here. So I suggest you check your settings, just in case the problem lies there.

As I type this, in Go Advanced mode (so that I can preview it before pressing Submit Reply), the row of icons is displayed at the top of the text entry box just as always. I have up-loaded several photos over the years and never had any problems, though I haven't done a test run for this post.

I am using Windows 10, by download, and the Edge browser.

Off to roost.

Owl

I think I have almost solved it myself - by looking on my Profile settings I spotted that three levels of editing were permitted. It was set to the most basic "text box only" level, so I upped it an editing grade and suddenly the row of icons appeared (I said I'd never seen them before!)
    Loading the photo was now able to be completed.
    It must have been set that way automatically when I first registered here all those years ago.
    Thanks to the helpers.

Who'd 'a' thought that joining a genealogy forum would give you lessons in computer geekery - because of this thread I have had a little firk around in the settings of my profile........... It's very dark in that there cupboard and there might be spiders so I won't go there again, thank you
    Sadly, our dear friend Ann (alias Ladkyis) passed away on Thursday, 26th. December, 2019.
    Footprints on the sands of time

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12