Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Valued member of Brit-Gen

Default challinor family

dear everyone
    I am trying to verify the marriage of Edward Challinor b.1859 Walsall, Staffordshire, f. Thomas, m. Harriet.
    to Florence May Bird b.1860 Birmingham Warwickshire. f.Frederick. m. Lucy Ward.

According to a Janice Challinor she has different parents, but according to William Richard Challinor, their son, he lists his parents on his Aust marriage cert as Edward and Florence.

I am also trying to find the deaths. I have Edward 1915 Aston Birmingham, Florence 1895?
    but according to a descendent Edward moved to Aust and died 1942, but I cannot find this death record in Aust either.
    Now did Edward remarry after Florences' death in England.
    Their only son William was born 1889 Kidderminster and moved to Australia.

I did find an Edward Challinor m. to Mary Emma Freeman 1882 Warwickshire.

Your help would be very much appreciated.
    thanks Doreen

Growing old Disgracefully

Not much coming up for any of the names you have given
    Have you got any Cert. from England or only Australian ones

Thomas Edwards father married Harriet Dearn

Marriages Jun 1856
    THOMAS CHALLINOR Walsall Vol No 6b, Page No 663
    HARRIET DEARN Walsall On the same page

What was Edwards occupation as i found 1881 Census Living in Barford Road, Birmingham, Warwickshire, Occupation Commercial Clerk is this him

janbooth

Doreen,

I cannot find a marriage between Edward CHALLINOR & Florence May BIRD on the GRO Index. The Edward CHALLINOR born 1859 in Walsall is in the 1901 census of Aston, Warwickshire, married to an Emma with children William aged 17 and Seymour aged 5 living with father in law John FREEMAN at Gerrard Street. The 1881 census shows Edward CHALLINOR, born 1859 Walsall, as an unmarried Commercial Clerk living in Ladywood, Birmingham. So this is presumably the Edward CHALLINOR who marries Mary Emma FREEMAN in the December qtr 1882. And they are still together in the 1911 census record.

Florence BIRD is living with parents Frederick & Lucy BIRD in the 1861 census of Birmingham (RG9/2134, folio 86, page 11) together with sister Harriet. She appears to be living with uncle and aunt William & Harriet PRESSDEE in the 1871 census of Birmingham St Thomas (RG10/3097, folio 79, page 4). She then appears to have become born in Nottingham c1860 by the 1881 & 1891 census records of Birmingham St Thomas where aunt Harriet PRESSDEE is now shown as Harriet DARBY. If this is the correct Florence May BIRD daughter of Frederick & Lucy BIRD, when did she ever get married?? It just does not seem to add up at all.

Trying to confirm that the Florence BIRD living with Harriet PRESSDEE/DARBY in the 1871-1891 census records is indeed your Florence daughter of Frederick & Lucy nee WARD, Harriet WARD, father Joseph WARD, married William John PRESSDEE, father Moses PRESSDEE on 5 August 1862 at Harborne, Staffs according to Ancestry's Select Marriages. This ties in with the baptism of Lucy BIRD nee WARD on 8 July 1833 at Birmingham St Martin, parents Joseph & Ann WARD, Bells Barn Road, Caster, & Harriet WARD baptised 11 January 1836 at Birmingham St Martin, daughter of Joseph & Ann WARD. Ancestry's Select Marriages show the marriage of Harriet PRESSDEE or WARD at Sparkbrook on 24 August 1874 to William Thomas DARBY.

I am not sure that the Florence BIRD daughter of Frederick BIRD & Lucy WARD ever married at all, and she was never referred to as Florence May in her baptismal or registration records, so it would appear that William Richard CHALLINOR's mother must have been a different Florence. When was William Richard born, Doreen?

Janet

Valued member of Brit-Gen MrsPoppy's Avatar

Richard William Challinor born 1887 does indeed have the mother's maiden name of Bird on the GRO index but the only Bird/Challiner (variants) I can find is an Alice Bird who married Edmund Challiner in 1899.

Mrs P

Could this be William

Births Sep 1887
    CHALLINOR Richard William W.Bromwich 6b 790

GRO is not giving me MMN it's telling me No Matching Results Found

Mrs Poppy you beet me to it

Valued member of Brit-Gen MrsPoppy's Avatar

There is a baptism on FS for a Richard William Challinor, West Bromwich, to Thomas Edwin and Jemima - however Jemima seems to be a Pickford? not a bird.

In 1911 he has a sister Florence May?

Can I ask who is it we are working back from?

Mrs P

janbooth

Thanks Dundee, I thought I recognised some of the names but my head is a bit woolly today due to a cold! Should have thought to do a search though.

Janet

Quote Originally Posted by Dundee10 View Post
    so these questions have been asked before I will go look at them

Valued member of Brit-Gen

dear everyone,
    thankyou for your quick reply.
    The Aust. marriage certificate states:

William Richard Challinor b.1889 Kidderminster. father: Edward Challinor, mother: Florence May Bird (Deceased)
    father Edward's occupation. Axle Turner.

in Australia 1915. William Richard Challinor m. Alice Green b.1891 Staylbridge England. father Samuel, mother Mary Ann Tonge.
    William went by "Bill" Challinor.
    I have spoken to William's son in law and he has the same info. HIs ex wife Janice gives different parents for William but no written verification. thanks Doreen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast