Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Brick wall demolition expert!

Quote Originally Posted by SueP View Post
    Oh and looking on the GRO site at births (of which I found five between 1842 and 1851) the maiden surname of the mother is recorded as 'Millard', which fits Lucy's marriage surname.
    Jeannah Smith (Mar 1842), John Smith (Jun 1843), Maria Smith (Mar 1846), Elizabeth Smith (Mar 1849) and William Smith (Jun 1851) - ALL born Tewkesbury.
    Following up on Sue's post I ordered a birth certificate for Jeannah as I had not heard of her before - she died 4 weeks later. That has now come, and I think that it may have been TEANANH. What do other's think?

Knowledgeable and helpful

Note she was born in January, and the first letter of her name is nothing like the J in January. So, I'd agree it is Teananah, wherever that name came from. pwholt

Brick wall demolition expert!

Quote Originally Posted by pwholt View Post
    Note she was born in January, and the first letter of her name is nothing like the J in January. So, I'd agree it is Teananah, wherever that name came from. pwholt
    I was comparing it with the "J" in James and the "T" in Tewkesbury ......... But as you say where the name came from.........

Her birth was registered on the same day as her death, so that whether that has a bearing or not I don't know.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12