Default Three month pilot for PDF certificates

Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Famous for offering help & advice

perhaps I've never noticed it before but I appreciate the way the order form is now filled in for me, avoiding mistakes (hopefully)

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by wimsey View Post
    perhaps I've never noticed it before but I appreciate the way the order form is now filled in for me, avoiding mistakes (hopefully)

I thought you'd been taking happy pills, wimsey, but now see what you mean. (And yes, it is new. )

When you search the 'Historical indexes' on the GRO page at the side of each search result there's an option to order either a certified certificate or the PDF option, and when you click the one you want the ordering details (name, year, quarter, district, etc) are all filled in for you. You still need to check that (a) you've ordered the right type (certified/PDF) and even more importantly (b) the correct person because you get an awful lot of options when you want a certificate for
    John or Mary Smith.

For newbies, if you want to know what a PDF certificate looks like https://www.
    professionalfamilyhistory.co.uk/blog/2016/11/new-gro-bmd-indexes-and-cheaper-pdf-certificate-option/
    scroll down the page.
    PDFs come in one colour choice - black and white - regardless of type, as opposed to the red, green or black of the certified BMD certificates.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Starting to feel at home

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post
    https://www[/url].
    professionalfamilyhistory.co.uk/blog/2016/11/new-gro-bmd-indexes-and-cheaper-pdf-certificate-option/

Pam
    Thanks for the link, Pam.