Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by christanel View Post
    Hi Pam
    Brave? No, possibly silly and maybe misleading - yes. Impatient? Yes.
    I think that Andrews could possibly be Minnie's maiden name because there is a Minnie Andrews born Stratford Essex in one of the censuses (can't remember which one) who is with a father William.
    The marriage certificate of Minnie and William Clarke will reveal all.

Christina
    Re the bit in bold - been there and ended up incorrectly too many times to continue to be impatient. I've learnt caution. Though I do have to sit on my hands at times.

Bill - some news which might make your new hobby cheaper.
    https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/c...ates/Login.asp
    The PDF certificates are limited to births 1837-1916 and deaths 1837-1957.
    They don't look as 'pretty' as certified certificates, as they're black and white as opposed to red, green or black depending on whether it's a B M or D certificate, and they're sent by email.
    If you scroll down the page in this link, you'll see an example. https://www.
    professionalfamilyhistory.co.uk/blog/2016/11/new-gro-bmd-indexes-and-cheaper-pdf-certificate-option/

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi Pam
    I would like to thank you and everyone else for their help it is very much appreciated I have ordered my fathers birth certificate and am a waiting its arrival in the post sorry for the late reply but I am not very good at using a computer so I have to wait for my friend to visit me and then they help me once again thank you to you and everyone else
    many Thanks
    Bill Clarke

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12