Default John Honeyman "Spy for Washington"

Hello:
    My name is Tim Stollery and I am seeking any records that identify a private soldier -- John Honeyman-- as a member of Colonel, and later, General Wolfe's "military family."*
     Also, one of Wolfe's bodyguards.*
     Here in the states, there is a long-held and often repeated legend about this man, being with General Wolfe as a body guard and with Wolfe when he died.*
     Later, according to the story, John Honeyman came to New Jersey and was recruited by G. Washington to serve as a spy in and around Trenton, 1776 .*
    I can send a pdf of the story --- a 14 -page booklet --- which is called "An Unwritten Account of a a Spy of Washington., " **
     The story was written by John Honeyman's grandson, based on stories told to him by Honeyman's daughter. * The story was not published until many years after Honeyman's death. *
    There is great debate about this story --- unsung hero or urban legend.
     If anyone is interested in reading the "Unwritten Account" please give me your a e-mail and I will be glad to send the pdf.Thanks *
    Thanks in advance from any help from this community.
     Tim Stollery
    stollerytimATgmailDOTcom
    Last edited by christanel; 09-10-2017 at 6:58 PM. Reason: email address disguised to deter spam

Welcome to the British-Genealogy forums.
    Using a search engine I can see that the John Honeyman, spy? legend has been extensively covered over the years.
    This article gives a good coverage of the story. It also gives sources. From some of the articles I have skimmed over it appears the only piece of 'evidence' to support the story of John Honeyman being a spy was a letter written by a grandson 100 years after the event.
    A very interesting story.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs