A fountain of knowledge

Default record of a constable

hi

can anyone help ? , I am trying to establish if Fredrick Albert Eldridge b.1871 , still lived /served in Headcorn ,kent as a police constable after 1911 ( census ) .

And if he did , was he related to A.Eldridge KIA during the Great war , I am trying to find the details of the fallen for the Headcorn memorial , however their appears to be no family connection locally to him .

There are 14 possibles on CWGC , with no family details to Headcorn , so I am trying to trace the family .

as always , I await your guidance and help .

note : I realise this cross's two topic's/threads posts ,so it might have to be posted on the WW1 thread.

Dean

Knowledgeable and helpful

Hi Dean.

The 1939 Register on Findmypast has a Frederick A Eldridge living in the Malling R.D. District of Kent. His birth year differs slightly but the profession is right. There is another person with the same surname in the household.

I can't quote full details because of Findmypast's terms and conditions.

Peter

Reputation beyond repute

Apart from the Metropolitan Police and the Royal Irish Constabulary. police records aren't "public records" as officially defined which means it's a matter of chance whether they have survived.

Kent History & Library Centre certainly have some police records. It might be worth having a browse.

Otherwise Kent Police may have retained old service records.