Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Right I’m hoping that has uploaded a photo, if not I will
    Post info but as I’m at work with a client due in it may be a while before I’m back.
    I am registered on that site but can’t find anything for Eliza, have looked a few years either side as well. At the moment I can’t afford the certificates.

Thanks again. X

I do think the Eliza with parents Henry and Caroline 1871 census (see #35) is most likely your ancestor, she was baptised as their child at Chicklade which is less than 2 miles from Hindon (see #35) however it is your family and only you can decide. I also believe Eliza a servant 1881 census is yours (see #10) "1881, RG11; Piece: 2058; Folio: 26; Page: 14;Eliza Ford, 16, servant, born Hindon" 'Your' Eliza at marriage names her father as Henry a labourer and the above is the only one who fits by father's name, age, and birth place. If you have doubts the above is yours then you must try to find her on later census or a death record or any record which could be her and thereby proves she is not yours.

The fly in the ointment is no birth registration, but it has been known that not all births reached the GRO or were entered in their records. It may be worth your while to contact the local register office but be aware not all births were registered pre 1875 See here ... https://www.
    sog.org.uk/learn/help-getting-started-with-genealogy/guide-three
    Look under the heading "The Challenges of finding the correct person" 3 - Non Registration.

There's no Eliza Ford, with mother's maiden name True registered within a reasonable time frame.
    Last edited by almach; 10-10-2017 at 5:05 PM. Reason: spelling correction
    Alma

I think so to, just wish there was a birth record, I’m thinking maybe Eliza and Charles may have been twins, we do have twins in my husbands family, maybe if that’s the case Eliza registration didn’t make it through, I will probably never get to the bottom of it.
    Again thanks for all your help. X

Name well known on Brit-Gen

If you have the marriage certificate on line, you do not need to purchase one form gro as you will only get the same info!

Witnesses we have sorted, Harry / Henry Stevens also sorted........11 of the couples children found!

I too have this family as the potential family for your Eliza Ford but I cannot find the birth registration

There is a baptism in Chickade

Eliza Jane Ford
    Baptism Date: 1 Jul 1866
    Baptism Place: Chicklade, Wiltshire, England
    Parish as it Appears: Chicklade
    Father: Henry Ford
    Mother: Caroline Ford

What I cannot determine if this is a Parish Record (PR) or a Bishops Transcript ( BT) if the latter it is the basic info , it is likely that the PR may contain the date of birth!
    I would recommend that you source the PR from the familysearch site and view at a location close to yourself....see site map on the site ot contact or see info on this site

https://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/WIL/church

Let us know how you get on.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

I have just noted that Cricklade comes under HIndon registration district

To confuse issues, I note that Albert FORD is shown above Henry Ford & his family on the 1871 census, this looks like their parents in 1861
    RG 9; Piece: 1322; Folio: 19; Page: 34;
    David Ford 51
    Jane Ford 45
    Henry Ford 19
    Albert Ford 17

Rhoda Ford 10
    Sidney Ford 3

Quote Originally Posted by geneius View Post
    There is a baptism in Chickade

Eliza Jane Ford
    Baptism Date: 1 Jul 1866
    Baptism Place: Chicklade, Wiltshire, England
    Parish as it Appears: Chicklade
    Father: Henry Ford
    Mother: Caroline Ford

What I cannot determine if this is a Parish Record (PR) or a Bishops Transcript ( BT) if the latter it is the basic info , it is likely that the PR may contain the date of birth!
    Eliza Jane Ford, baptised 1 Jul 1866, Chicklade, Wiltshire, England, dau of Henry (labourer) and Caroline, abode East knoyle
    Geneius I posted the above at #35, it is taken from 'Register of Baptisms in the Parish of Chicklade'
    Alma

Knowledgeable and helpful

If it helps, the mmn of Eliza A Ford, registered at Hindon in 1865 is Rogers. (From Wilts BMD) An earlier Eliza born 1860 had mother mn Larkham, so not related. pwholt

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345