Smile 11 (Reserve) Battalion, Loyal North Lancs

Hi - I need help! (not that sort of help!)
    I am researching into the movements and location of the 11th (Reserve) Battalion, Loyal North Lancashire Regiment between the dates of August 1915-March 1916.

I have not been able to fond any information relating to their WD and do not know if it still exists.

I know they were at Billericay for a while commencing May 1915, but would like to find more about the ins and out of their training, the different places where they were located, and if any other records of training for officers etc survive, and the types of courses they undertook when part of the Battalion.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Reputation beyond repute

I have not been able to fond any information relating to their WD
    I can't imagine there would be a war diary for a reserve battalion.

11th (Reserve) Battalion, Loyal North Lancashire Regiment between the dates of August 1915-March 1916.
    According to the Long, Long Trail, the battalion moved to Billericay in May 1915 and then on to Seaford in September 1915.

Welcome to the British Genealogy Forum.
    If this was my research, I’d seek out the local archives and libraries for the towns where they were stationed. Contact details for such places can generally be found on GENUKI. Also local papers who should have been reacting to the influx of troops...

A fountain of knowledge

As the FWR troop map shows:

Formed at location: Cannock Chase War Cemetery.

The formation of the Fourth New Army was approved in an Army Order issued in November 1914, and the units of 31st Division began to form forthwith.
    On 5th December it was decided that the infantry and artillery would be trained at Cannock Chase, whilst the engineers and signal company would go to Buxton and Shrewsbury and the field ambulances at Llandrindod Wells.

Early in 1915 it became clear that there would be a need to provide trained reinforcements for the first three New Armies when they took the field, and as a consequence, on 10th April 1915, the divisions of the Fourth New Army were broken up and the battalions reconstituted as 2nd -line training battalions.

Therefore the 11th themselves have no troop movements list as they were broken up early in 1915.

Loves to help with queries

Hi
    I would also suggest contacting https://www.lancashireinfantrymuseum....hire-regiment/ they have been very helpful to me tracing info about both a Boer War veteran and a WWI one

Smile Thank you!

Thanks everyone for your help. I am new to this so am a bit unsure of things. I am writing the biography of an officer who was with the 10th Battalion, sailed to France with them in July/Aug 1915, but then in the Army list it shows him as being attached to the 11th from October 1915-March 1916. March 1916 he was back with the 10th in France.
    Questions =
    1. Why would he have been sent back to England?
    2. He had been Sergeant of his OTC Corps at school - so I do not believe it was an attitude or behaviour reason
    Attempting to track the movements of the 11th and the day to day activities/training they would have undertaken whilst waiting for their postings overseas, required for info for the biography.

I have taken on board all of your comments and will be looking further into following through with your suggestions

Many thanks!!

Reputation beyond repute

Have you checked for the survival of a service record?

See https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/h...rs-after-1913/