Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BernieFD

Thanks Christina ,
    They don't make it easy do they!!!!
    Bernie.

BernieFD

Smile Cragon , Durking families Belfast

So I am looking for information on the marriage of Elizabeth Cragon and John Durking, approx. 1882 in Belfast.
    Elizabeth's father was a Henry Cragon a Weaver born , I believe in Belfast about 1820 and married approx. 1842/1845 , but I do not have any details about his wife.,
    They had 2 Children, Anne Cragon born approx. 1848 and Elizabeth born approx. 1850.
    Elizabeth , my Great Grandmother married John Durking about 1882 and they had my Grandmother Annie Dorothy Durking born about 1888 .
    I believe John Durking was a soldier but I do not have any details about his military service.
    I know just how difficult it is to research Irish records , but I hope one of the researchers might have some luck with my enquiries .
    Kind Regards,
    Bernie Donnelly , Australia.

Hi Bernie
    I have been doing some housework on your threads re the Donnelly/Durkin/Walkden families after Pam pointed out how unwieldy it had become. (thanks Pam )
    This was your original post in the London main forum
    https://www.british-genealogy.com/th...andfather-lost.
    from which I have separated this thread and given it the title Annie Dorothy Durking c1888 Belfast? which is in the Antrim county-wide forum.

I have also transferred your latest post re the possible parents of Annie to this thread because it is about the same family and duplicate threads are not allowed as we don't want people searching for information you already have. Consequently I have edited your latest post a little. Phew!
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

BernieFD

Christina,
    Thank you so much. As I just said to Pam I am not up to speed on the workings of the forum and make a rod for my own back by trying to research too many families on the one thread. I know that most of the families are linked in some way and I have not separated them well enough.
    Thank you for your time and effort in sorting me out!! I will try and be more careful in future.

Bernie.

Hi Bernie
    No worries.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

BernieFD

Hi Christina , I will try and be more careful in future.
    I note your post number 20 about the difficulty with Irish research.
    Not wishing to push my luck , can you advise me if you (the Forum) , can research Military records.?

You will see from earlier posts that John Durking husband of Elizabeth Durking, ( nee Cragon) was a soldier.

Maybe he was in the British army and stationed in Northern Ireland where he was born! He was born in Shankill , near Belfast , and I guess perhaps about 1848/52.Is it possible to try and research his service record?

I am hoping that I am not being too optimistic and put you to too much trouble.

Regards Bernie.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123