Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Louie Roberts nee Mulhall from Sligo -

Hi -

I am trying to find information on my Grandmother - Her name was Louie Roberts her maiden name Mulhall -

Her mother was Susan Mulhall (Roper) and father James Mulhall who on Louie's Death certificate is shown as a Baker - The family were from Sligo Ireland

Louie died in Glasgow on 4 March 1933 she lived at 57 Tayport Street, Glasgow aged 50 making her birth year 1883 but I can't find anything on her birth -

Her mother Susan died in 18 April 1883 (Age 32) - (don't know if she died giving birth to Louie?)

Louie married a Ship Steward Reginald Roberts (don't know if he was Merchant Navy) and on my Uncle's birth certificate it states Louie and Reginald were married on 29 September 1902 in Liverpool and on another information sheet I have it states that Reginald died in Algiers on 5 April 1911 (presume whilst serving on a ship)

I tried to find out about Reginald as possibly a Merchant Seaman but nothing....

I have quite a lot of information on the Mulhall side of the family but would love to find out more about Louie and Reginald and where I could find out where Louie is buried

I would be grateful if any members could assist

Raymond Bell

Still trying to find out about my gran Louie Roberts and Reginald Roberts - would be grateful for any assistance

Raymond Bell

Was she born in Ireland?
    Have you found her in any of the UK census returns? They should give her birth parish.

Lesley - Thank you for your response - I'm not actually sure where Louie was born -

I have details on all the rest of her family all born in Ireland but Louie is not mentioned on the family list - her mum Susan (Roper) Mullhall born 1851 Sligo Ireland - died 1883 don't know if she died in Ireland - but working on the death certificate I have for Louie - Louie would have been born 1883 same year as her mum died - I can't find any indication that the family moved out of Ireland prior to 1883??

Raymond Bell

Knowledgeable and helpful stepives's Avatar

There is this death reg in Tobercurry/Tubbercurry.

Susan Mulhall
    Birth year: abt 1851
    Apr-May-Jun 1883
    Death Age: 32
    Registration district: Tobercurry
    Volume: 4
    Page: 382.

Order the death cert, and see who was informant.

Steve.
    Too many bones, too much sorrow, but until I am dead, there's always tomorrow.

Hi Steve

Thanks for that - I was not sure where Susan died - I will look at getting the death certificate - I was not sure if the family moved out of Ireland but this shows she was still in Ireland when she died - meaning that Louie would have been born in Ireland

Thank you

Raymond Bell

Hi Lesley

Another member has posted details on Susan's death - she died in Ireland 1883 Tobercurry - Apr-May-Jun 1883

Raymond Bell

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Bell View Post
    Hi -

I am trying to find information on my Grandmother - Her name was Louie Roberts her maiden name Mulhall -

Her mother was Susan Mulhall (Roper) and father James Mulhall who on Louie's Death certificate is shown as a Baker - The family were from Sligo Ireland

Louie died in Glasgow on 4 March 1933 she lived at 57 Tayport Street, Glasgow aged 50 making her birth year 1883 but I can't find anything on her birth -

Her mother Susan died in 18 April 1883 (Age 32) - (don't know if she died giving birth to Louie?)

Louie married a Ship Steward Reginald Roberts (don't know if he was Merchant Navy) and on my Uncle's birth certificate it states Louie and Reginald were married on 29 September 1902 in Liverpool and on another information sheet I have it states that Reginald died in Algiers on 5 April 1911 (presume whilst serving on a ship)

I tried to find out about Reginald as possibly a Merchant Seaman but nothing....

I have quite a lot of information on the Mulhall side of the family but would love to find out more about Louie and Reginald and where I could find out where Louie is buried

I would be grateful if any members could assist

Raymond Bell
    Hi Raymond I am researching the Mulhall line and I have Susan (Ropers) and her husbands death as well as the births of some of their children if you wan to get in touch?
    Thanks,
    Steph

Hi Steph

Thank you for your message and welcome to the forum

I do Ancestry and have found quite a lot on the Mulhall's - Although there is another family tree on Ancestry showing a different date of James Mulhall (Father) - I would love to know any information you have on the family - my email is dinger105 AT hotmail DOT com - not sure if I am allowed to put email address on the forum if not no doubt the admin people will delete it - As I have mentioned I have Louie Mulhall (Daughter) death certificate but would love to find out where she was buried and anything on her or her husband Reginald Roberts but anything you have would possibly add to the family tree - Thanking you

Raymond Bell
    Last edited by Pam Downes; 16-03-2019 at 9:52 PM. Reason: Email address disguised to deter spammers

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hi Raymond,

You are allowed to give your email address though posting personal details is not something we encourage which is why we have the Private Messaging system. Through that you can exchange personal details in complete privacy.

You'll notice that I've amended the address so it's not automatically picked up by naughty techie stuff that trawls the web.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast