mollyolly

Default NEED HELPING FINDING RECORD FROM LINCS REGT

Hello, I am trying to find a record for my grandad but just can't seem to find anything at all and its really frustrating. I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.
    His name was George Roberts he was in the Lincolnshire Regiment WW2 and I know he went to Iceland and he wore the polar bear badge, as I now have it. He was possibly a sergeant but not sure. I know he was at Dunkirk as nan said he was but never talked about it.
    Hoping someone can help find him or suggest where to look. I have searched on here but cant seem to find him.

Welcome to the British-Genealogy forums
    I think you have come to us from Forces War Records so reading this will tell you a little about us.
    WW11 service records are still held by the MoD and will not be found online. This 'sticky' explains and gives a link where you can download the application forms. You will need your grandfather's death certificate, 30 pounds and patience waiting for them to be delivered which can take a while.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

mollyolly

Many thanks for your help

While you wait for them to process your order for his records, there are places to find background info. For example, did you know that there is a Polar Bear Association? Their website is HERE.

The Polar Bears participated in the liberation of the Netherlands and are specifically honoured in Roosendaal where the bear is on top of their war memorial. See HERE.
    The text is in dutch, but you can copy/paste it into Google Translate*.

*Other translation programmes are available...