Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Starting to feel at home

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Goodey View Post
    Good research!

The death certificate should also show the place of birth. I would obtain this first.

Knowing the date of birth, I think she has enough to order a certificate without any GRO reference - name, two possible quarters and the exact date of birth. GRO should be able to sort that out. Hopefully there aren't two with exactly the same date of birth.
    Hi Peter,

I already have the original death certificate for Agnes. It only states the place of her death. The registrar forgot to write in the place of birth, only the date.

Hi
    also found
    Baptism: 2 Sep 1908 St Philip, Salford, Lancashire, England
    Albert Heyes - [Child] of Albert Heyes & Agnes
    Abode: 18 Oldfield Buildings
    Baptised by: A. L. Bradbury
    peanut

Starting to feel at home

Quote Originally Posted by peanut View Post
    Hi
    also found
    Baptism: 2 Sep 1908 St Philip, Salford, Lancashire, England
    Albert Heyes - [Child] of Albert Heyes & Agnes
    Abode: 18 Oldfield Buildings
    Baptised by: A. L. Bradbury
    peanut
    Hi Peanut,

I already have this record . I don't suppose you have managed to find anything that explains what happened to Thomae Hardy? Do you think Florentia and Maria are who I was looking for?

Hi

I can only seem to find the baptism at the moment, and although they are in the Latin they seem to be a good match, in 1911 Agnes's states still married but were is Thomas its odd i have searched the 1939 register for Agnes in Manchester but no luck under Hayes or Hardy. i am also trying to find her burial to see who she is buried with

My own family tree has been a nightmare i still haven't found some of my Irish ancestors

Peanut

Starting to feel at home

Hi

I can only seem to find the baptism at the moment, and although they are in the Latin they seem to be a good match, in 1911 Agnes's states still married but were is Thomas its odd i have searched the 1939 register for Agnes in Manchester but no luck under Hayes or Hardy. i am also trying to find her burial to see who she is buried with

My own family tree has been a nightmare i still haven't found some of my Irish ancestors

Peanut
    Hi Peanut,

I know where Agnes is buried. She is at the family plot in Agecroft with her daughter Leah, Leah's husband Ernest (my great-grandparents), Leah's infant son, and Agnes' son Albert Jnr. I visit the grave often because my mum is also in the same plot.

Albert Hayes Snr isn't buried there. I need to find out where he is at some point because he was already deceased before Agnes died.

Hi

Can i ask is if it Leah M Hayes born in Salford 1920 its just that i found this but states mother as Smith

Peanut

Starting to feel at home

Hi

Can i ask is if it Leah M Hayes born in Salford 1920 its just that i found this but states mother as Smith

Peanut
    Yes that's the one. Leah was the youngest child of Agnes and Albert and my great-grandmother. I have many happy memories of Nana Leah.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashleigh_ View Post
    Hi Peanut,

I already have this record . I don't suppose you have managed to find anything that explains what happened to Thomae Hardy? Do you think Florentia and Maria are who I was looking for?
    Florentia and Maria are the Latin versions of the names Florence and Mary. So the records peanut found could be very helpful.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Starting to feel at home

Quote Originally Posted by christanel View Post
    Florentia and Maria are the Latin versions of the names Florence and Mary. So the records peanut found could be very helpful.
    Christina
    What do you mean by the Latin versions? Why would they have been written in this way and not just as Florence, Mary, Agnes and Thomas?

Although this makes sense because I was told that Agnes was a Catholic.

Reputation beyond repute

I already have the original death certificate for Agnes. It only states the place of her death. The registrar forgot to write in the place of birth, only the date.
    OK but don't ignore the second part of the message. You could ask GRO for a birth certificate quoting the two quarters, her name and her exact date of birth. You don't have to peer at the index wondering which one it might be.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast