Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Valued member of Brit-Gen MrsPoppy's Avatar

I thought if we could find Frederick R B we might get a lead but he is conspicious by his absence. Apart from his trouble in 1883, his marriage in 1904 and his Freemason listing that Blue Eyes found I cannot find anything.

Let us know if it is your Harriet if you get sight of the marriage details.

Mrs P

janbooth

I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that the marriage may have been in a Registry Office. Ancestry have marriage parish register images for 7 Camberwell churches and the marriage does not appear on any of them for the period January to March 1904, and like everybody else has discovered, or not as the case might be, Frederick P B GALBRAITH seems conspicuous by his absence - how annoying!!

Janet

janbooth

I think I need a brain transplant! Of course if it were a Jewish marriage it would be in a Synagogue wouldn't it. Just shows that I have no Jewish antecedents doesn't it and thus have a fixation towards Anglican marriages.

Janet

yup, so no parish registers and the Synagogues haven't published their historical records - and I can see why.
    Sadly, our dear friend Ann (alias Ladkyis) passed away on Thursday, 26th. December, 2019.
    Footprints on the sands of time

Does that mean that you cannot send for the certificate even though it is in the St Cath's or whatever it is called now.

Mrs P

No I can still send for the certificate I was just hoping to avoid buying a certificate for someone who isn't a direct ancestor - my pension doesn't stretch to many certificates
    Sadly, our dear friend Ann (alias Ladkyis) passed away on Thursday, 26th. December, 2019.

I am the same, my pension does not stretch as far as I would like.

It would be nice to be able to rule Frederick Galbraith/Harriet in or out but no joy finding him/them.

Mrs P

I spent yesterday evening trying to persuade myself that I shouldn't buy the certificate. Then I mentioned it to Mr M and he looked at me as though I was insane. "Why not just buy it?" He asked, "Use the credit card, I'm sure it won't break us."
    So I am sending for it.

Thank heavens - it's driving me mad.

Mrs P

janbooth

Fingers crossed she is one of your NATHANs. Do let us know the result.

Janet

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast