Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Joseph Hunter

Brick wall demolition expert!

Re posts 8 and 9 and 10 - these all relate to Option No 2 from my post No 3 above.

Tolly

Thanks all! The Stargate/Scotswood option of Joseph born to John and Mary Ann was my favourite candidate too before discovering another person's research had decided on Joseph marrying an Agnes Bradford in around 1912 (I believe) ..so hmm

Brick wall demolition expert!

Quote Originally Posted by Tolly View Post
    Thanks all! The Stargate/Scotswood option of Joseph born to John and Mary Ann was my favourite candidate too before discovering another person's research had decided on Joseph marrying an Agnes Bradford in around 1912 (I believe) ..so hmm
    Is the other person's research backed up with documents or is just based on assumptions?

Tolly

Good Question! My task today will be to look for myself and see what they have etc! Without their extra "info" about a marriage, this would have been my number 1 choice for "my" Joseph Hunter: right location, occupation and age!

Tolly

The presumed spouse was born in Amble: Joseph's location on the 1911 census, so looks likely that I can rule him out of my list of candidates!

marj

Hi Tolly, did you consider the possibility No 4 in Megan's post, there is this birth & death of Margaret J Hunter

Births Mar 1925 (>99%)

Hunter Margaret J Maddock Gateshead 10a 1815

Deaths Mar 1927 (>99%)

Hunter Margaret J 1 Gateshead 10a 1201

Marj

janbooth

Using the 1939 Register entry that has been found for you previously, i.e. the HUNTER family living at 179 Rose Street, Gateshead, this is definitely the correct family as John E HUNTER's birth registration in the December qtr 1919 shows his mother's maiden name as MADDOCK. However, the Register shows a big discrepancy in the birthdate of Joseph HUNTER to the information you already have, as the Register shows a birthdate of 1 July 1881.

Do you have the death registration/burial record of your Joseph HUNTER and if so what age does it give on that? I have looked for a death registration for Joseph HUNTER in Gateshead and the only likely one I can find is in the December qtr 1943 which gives a birthdate c1880. Martha A HUNTER's death is registered in the March qtr 1965 at Gateshead reg district, so it does appear that the family stayed in the Gateshead area.

Janet

Tolly

good point: parents' names were often given to oldest or other kids

Tolly

Thanks! I did find children etc from the Hunter/Maddock marriage and Martha's descendants etc. I have only seen Joseph's marriage cert so far and that gave his age as 23 (in July 1913).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12