Default Hello introduction and search info

Introducing myself.

Stewart Campbell Englishman Living in France.

Researching William Duncan Pratt Campbell

Known info.

Born 1883
    Married 1916
    Wounded in Hip WW1 died 1927 aged 44 Gangrene from Shrapnel
    In Hospital Edinburgh Craigelirth M-O-Pensions Hospital

Possible information

Unit Black Watch
    Rank Sgt Major

Looking for actual unit and rank Service number where injured etc

Any help Welcome

Stewart

Hello Stewart, and welcome to BG. As your post is really a query I am moving it to the military forum.

Have you looked up his death certificate on Scotlandspeople? This would seem to indicate that his name was formerly PRATT.
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Welcome to the British Genealogy Forum. I have moved your thread to the WW1 forum as Introduce Yourself is not really for research.

Was he married to Jane Sturrock? If so, his pension records are available for download on Ancestry.co.uk. If you don't have a subscription, try your local library. They often have one for their readers.

Jane's husband is listed without his middle initials as 3142 Pte W. Campbell of Glasgow. He was discharged as medially unfit on 19 Sep 1914. after being certified as fit when he joined up in August 1914.

We've been moving it at the same time Lesley

If his wife was Ellen May WEBB then he was in the Royal Army Veterinary Corps. There's quite a lot more info on the death certificate.
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Having crossed posts with Sue (can't compete with the fancy new fast connection... ), I see that his wife when he died was Ellen May Webb so, unless he married twice, the info in my message above does not apply to him. I see that he was actually a shoeing smith in the Royal Army Vet Corps.
    Scottish BMD certificates can be very informative. You can find Scotlands People HERE - it's pay as you go.