Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Hello to everyone from me!

A Clifford Stanley Lewis went to St John's college, Oxford in 1914 only to be conscripted into the army in 1915 and die of his wounds in 1916. My uncle acquired 2 of his books bearing C.S. Lewis signature when he went to Oxford in 1916. My Uncle and my father had an aunt Madeline Charlotte Seward who married a David Charles Lewis. I have made it a project to see whether C.S. Lewis was a cousin of my uncle and my father. All 3 attended Bristol grammar school within a 4 year period of each other so the chances are pretty good.
    I am currently awaiting delivery of the marriage certificates for Clifford Stanley's parents and my uncle/fathers aunt within the next couple of days.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hello 17olly29,

Welcome to British-Genealogy.

Your research is on the right track - BMD certificates can be expensive if you have to buy a lot of them (especially at once!) but they are essential in establishing facts.

If you want any help when the certificates arrive, come back and ask.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

A very, very warm welcome to Brit-gen.

FindMyPast has a transcription of Clifford's parents' marriage certificate (initials W J & M L?) that includes names of both fathers. (Sending for a marriage certificate doesn't always guarantee fathers will be identified).
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"