Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    obdavies

Default Can anyone read this image?

I wonder if anyone more experienced could decipher the details of the top entry on this page?
    I know it's the marriage of Robert Conley (22) and Ann Marshall (19) in July 1865 but there's little else I can discern. I would particularly like to know the maiden name of the mothers of Robert and Ann. Anyone with more experience of interpreting these registers that can help?

https://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/v...ed_images=true

Reputation beyond repute

Access denied!

obdavies

Sorry, I can't think of a way to display the image. I tried it and it comes up for me, but that's probably through membership. Any suggestions how I could display it? I have a JPG image but there's no facility to display it on this site.
    Last edited by obdavies; 02-09-2017 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Clarification

obdavies

Knowledgeable and helpful stepives's Avatar

I would ask Scotlands People to provide a better resolution image of the scan. They will do this gladly, with no extra charge involved.

Or, you can use a diffent colour filter, if you have a photo suite on your computer device.

I would go for the first option.

Steve.
    Too many bones, too much sorrow, but until I am dead, there's always tomorrow.

Reputation beyond repute

I agree with Steve. It's a rotten image - perhaps a scan from microfilm.

Knowledgeable and helpful stepives's Avatar

I've had a number of 'un-readable' images like this from ScotlandsPeople.......and they've always given me a better image, when asked for. I cannot fault them for their service.
    I would think these were all done some years ago with inferior equipment. As time has moved on, it has improved. But I doubt very much, that they will re-scan all their records, except those that are asked for.
    Too many bones, too much sorrow, but until I am dead, there's always tomorrow.

Is Robert's mother "Elizabeth Forrester"?
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

obdavies

Thanks for the advice, it never occurred to me to request a better image, I’ll contact them later.

Request now sent.

Knowledgeable and helpful

I’d say that Robert’s parents were Robert Connley (labourer, deceased) and Elizabeth Forrester.
    ELWYN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast