angelcake

Default Silas A'Court about 1809 North Cadbury

I hope you can help me with the following brick wall - I am looking for the birth of Silas A'Court born c 1809 died 1886 - I have a large extensive knowledge of the A'Courts and extended family and this man is a mystery - I do know of his family that include an ex football player from the Liverpool area but I cannot for the life of me find how he's connected to the forest of A'Courts that are all interlinked

I know he changes his place of birth frequently in various records
    on his marriage to his 1st wife Ann Cox he says his father is William and he's recorded as a Baker - the A'Courts of North Cadbury tend to be ag labs or blacksmiths

Only trouble is I can find no Silas A'Court with a father William A'Court - anywhere grrrrrrr that fits with any dates

1841 Census shows him at Court Farmhouse Brockley, Somerset with his Wife Ann, children Elizabeth and George (Court Farmhouse Brockley has no connections to A'Courts but there are some vague connections to Wadham College and the Pitmans)

in 1851 census he's in Charlotte Street Bedminster saying he was born about 1803 in Wiltshire with second wife also an Ann

in 1861 he's now as Silas Escoart [Silas A'Court] in Bedminster

by 1871 Silas Acourt is born about 1809 North Cadbury, living in Gloucestershire, England with wife Anne and children Mary J Acourt, Albert D Acourt, William H Acourt, Charles E Acourt, and John Yandle who was his Father-in-law

in 1881 he has made old bones and is still with 2nd wife Ann in Bristol but gives place of birth as Brockley, Somerset along with Albert Acourt 25 and Charles Acourt

I believe he died in 1886 1st 1/4 Bedminster

I have done a general search of all A'Courts born in Somerset between 1790 to 1815 and there is no Silas A'Court - there is no William A'Court producing children in this time period so was he illigitimate? next village to North Cadbury is Yarlington and there was a Silas Pitman Christened one 06 Apr 1806 with a mother only by the name of Mary Pitman.

There are Pitman's in the family tree but nothing to connect to Mary Pitman - there are connections between Wadham College and A'Courts

or the only other Silas "Unknown" was

Silas Cox 21 Sep 1806 christend at Wanstrow, Somerset and his parents were William and Fanny Cox.

so I am completely stuck and keep banging my head against this brickwall - can anyone offer any help??

Name well known on Brit-Gen

I believe he died in 1886 1st 1/4 Bedminster
    Have you purchased the death certificate, is so does it clarify that this is the Silas A'Court you have info on?

1852 Electorall Register has him living at Richmond Terrace

There is an additional child

ACOURT, LOUISA YEANDLE
    GRO Reference: 1847 D Quarter in BEDMINSTER Volume 11 Page 57

Louisa A'Court bp 26 Dec 1847 1st child of the marriage to Ann Yeandle?
    Louisa Acourt
    Baptism Date: 26 Dec 1847
    Baptism Place: Bedminster, Somerset, England
    Father: Silas Acourt
    Mother: Ann Acourt

1861 RG 9; Piece: 1723; Folio: 122; Page: 21
    Louisa Acourt

1871 RG10; Piece: 2547; Folio: 36; Page: 28;
    Louisa Acoud

1874 marries William Shorland Wildgoose dies 1915 Warrington

on his marriage to his 1st wife Ann Cox he says his father is William and he's recorded as a Baker - the A'Courts of North Cadbury tend to be ag labs or blacksmiths
    It is unusual for an 1826 marriage to name a father and his occupation. Can you please post names of the witnesses. I see Silas also named his father William on his second marriage in 1847, if you have that certificate can you post all details entered.
    Alma

angelcake

Default Silas ACourt

Thanks Geneius - sorry for delay but yes I do have the death certificate and is was registered by his widow Ann Acourt with her mark "x". On 22 March 1886 at 97 Weare Street Bedminster he died of a Paralytic Seizuire and the death was registered on 25 Match 1886 - I purchased this death certificate back in 2016 and still no further forward with find the elusive Silas - such a mystery

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by geneius View Post
    Have you purchased the death certificate, is so does it clarify that this is the Silas A'Court you have info on?

1852 Electorall Register has him living at Richmond Terrace

There is an additional child

ACOURT, LOUISA YEANDLE
    GRO Reference: 1847 D Quarter in BEDMINSTER Volume 11 Page 57

Louisa A'Court bp 26 Dec 1847 1st child of the marriage to Ann Yeandle?
    Louisa Acourt
    Baptism Date: 26 Dec 1847
    Baptism Place: Bedminster, Somerset, England
    Father: Silas Acourt
    Mother: Ann Acourt

1861 RG 9; Piece: 1723; Folio: 122; Page: 21
    Louisa Acourt

1871 RG10; Piece: 2547; Folio: 36; Page: 28;
    Louisa Acoud

1874 marries William Shorland Wildgoose dies 1915 Warrington

angelcake

Default Silas Acourt marriage

Hi Alma - the information was from the IGI of the marriage register - I have ordered his second marriage certificate today so will keep you updated

thanks

L

Quote Originally Posted by almach View Post
    It is unusual for an 1826 marriage to name a father and his occupation. Can you please post names of the witnesses. I see Silas also named his father William on his second marriage in 1847, if you have that certificate can you post all details entered.

angelcake

Default Silas A'Court certificates

I already had the death certificate for Silas Acourt registered in Bedminster 25/3/1886 and it gives age of 85 at 97 Weare Street, Bedminster informant is Ann.

I now have the marriage certificate of 1847
    27th April 1847 Parish church of Bedminster, Bristol, Somerset by banns
    Silas Acourt full age widower Coachman Richmond Terrace father William Acourt (Baker)
    Ann Yearndle Full age spinster Richmond Terrace father John Yearndle (Labourer)

the mark "X" of Silas Acourt Witnesses James Wilson
    Ann Yearndle Witnesses William Ward

Still unable to find any William ACourt who was in Somerset - there are a few William ACourt/A'Court/A'court in Marnhull Dorset

Any help very very much appreciated

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by almach View Post