Thread: Hello everyone!

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Hello everyone!

I just joined this forum and am glad that I found it! I l was born in the US - growing up in the Chicago, Illinois, area. About 1/3 of my heritage comes from England. Birchall, Bailey, Holmes and Makinson are the predominant surnames in my family - from St Helen's, specifically. Additionally, my husband has family from England - surname Dearing.

I have been interested in family history since I was in elementary school. Fast forward about three years ago when I really began researching my family and my husband's family. I am in the process of getting my certification in genealogy so that I can help others, as well.

Looking forward to getting to know you all and finding pieces to my family's past!

All the best...

Lori

Welcome to the British-Genealogy forums Lori
    You are one of the lucky people who started their interest in genealogy at an early age so could ask questions of the senior members of your family before they passed away. Most of us leave it too late to do that and regret it.
    If you need help with any of your ancestors just find a suitable forum, give us the details and it won't be too long before help arrives.
    Our friendly and knowledgeable sleuths love a challenge. Don't forget to join in if you think you can help someone else.
    Enjoy.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs