+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32
    Brick wall demolition expert!
    Thanks

Hi Jen
    Who is the Goldsmith line which has matches to your DNA? Have you checked names and any potential links to your lines?
    I don't know enough about DNA to make any informed comments and it may be worth while your posting the data on the DNA Forum and seek advice.

Are you looking at Goldsmith rather than Goldsmid/Goldschmidt?

Phillip
    Phillip-Jewish,British Ancestry

"The only true dead are those who have been forgotten"

Thanks

Hi Jen
    I have been looking more closely at James Phillips of Tann Street and noted that there was a James and Mary Phillips of Fanns Street Aldersgate. He was a clerk and his son Edward? Stanley was born Feb 23 1816 and baptised 28/4/1816 St Botolph Aldersgate.

This record may have no relevance to the James Phillips of 3 Tann Street but I am aware that addresses can be written incorrectly.
    My thinking is who is the James Phillips writing in 1819- is he a father/relative of John Phillips or is he writing on behalf of others?

If we could locate this James Phillips it might prove a great help. I have tried to cross check the Tann Street/Fanns Street address with London Birth/Baptism records for Phillips -Aldersgate but so far only Fanns Street has come up for a period +- 1790- 10 years.

You might want to look further.

If any other researcher reading this post can help trace James Phillips 3 Tann Street Aldersgate circa 1800-1820+ it would be a great help.

Phillip

Thanks

Hi Jen
    The James Phillips of Fanns Street appears in several Ancestry.Co family trees born 1791-1867 =Mary Roberts. This James was an Attorney and Solicitor. He is likely to be one of the James Phillips recorded in the Articles of Clerkship. He can't be the father of your John Phillips and there is no record of his father nor any proof he is linked to the James Phillips of the 1819 South Africa settler letter but I think it is important to try and trace the 1819 James Phillips.

Phillip

+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32