Trish in Oz

Default WW2 Army Records

Any help on this will be appreciated.

I emailed the APC Support Division, Army Personnel Centre, to ask them if they could check for my Dad's army records before I purchased a International money order to pay the fee to obtain the records. The lady who replied to me was very helpful but said she had searched either side of the DOB I provided but she couldn't find his records.

I am looking for the records of Arthur Thomas Barrett, DOB 24/05/1909. He was in the Royal Army Service Corps as a driver. He was born in Camberwell, SE London and was living in Harefield, Middlesex when he joined/or was conscripted, not sure what year this would have been. I have no way of finding his service number.

Can you tell me where to go from here to try and locate the records? Having asked to search where the records are held and not finding anything I wonder if that is it and I will never be able to find them.

Welcome to the British-Genealogy forums
    UK WW11 records are still held by the MoD so will not be found anywhere online. This sticky gives an explanation and the link where you can order the records. As I understand it you need a death certificate and 30 pounds. You have his date and place of birth and the regiment he served in so that should be a big help.
    There is also a research guide on The National Archives site here

if you came to us from Forces war records reading this will tell you about us and why you landed up here
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs