Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Osborn family of Chelsea

I am researching the Osborn family in Chelsea. George and Margaret Osborn lived in Chelsea- George and Margaret nee Brinkley married St George Hanover Square in 1807. George was a house developer ( today's terms) he built houses around the King's Road - George and Margaret lived on Box Farm Kings Road in 1841- they had these children John Edward b 1808, Mary Ann b 1810, Ophelia 31 May 1811 (know this from a family bible) and William 1814 and George 1817
    The youngest son,George, started a wallpaper business on the Kings Road called Osborn and Shearman
    He lived with his wife Charlotte Maria nee Branen in New Manor Street Chelsea.
    I have been searching for Osborn baptisms (all say on the censuses that they were born in Chelsea). Is there anywhere on line I can search?
    Thanks for "listening"

Dundee10

Hi and Welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwitwo View Post
    George and Margaret nee Brinkley married St George Hanover Square in 1807.
    His name was William, not George and in 1841 he was a plasterer. Ophelia was aged 20, so born 1816-1821 as the adult ages have been rounded down by the enumerator.

It really depends on what has been indexed and/or digitised as to whether you will find anything online. This looks like John Edward indexed on FamilySearch:

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:NDWJ-D9Z

Perhaps an adult baptism for Margaret:

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:J9ZS-TB8

Findmypast has a database of Westminster baptisms.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Oh- yes you are right- bad mistake.
    Would Chelsea baptisms be under Westminster- I have looked there but didn't find my family.
    Thanks for your help