Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Valued member of Brit-Gen emmteeyess's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Doran View Post
    FWR is fairly new and some of the negative remarks may date from its earlier days when it had less information and it was less clear what is and isn't available.

If you just register, but don't pay a sub, then from time to time you may get special reduced price offers or even free days, as well as notifications of new people who may match your previous searches,
    I think some of the remarks were June, July this year - but that doesn't matter now - I'm in!

Interesting second comment - looks like they'll stay in touch then, even when I cancel after a month.
    OF COURSE THEY WILL - they'll want me back!

I do the same with FMP - can't afford an ongoing sub. but dip in when they have free weekend deals or pay for 1 month if I'm desperate for a search.

Cheers, MTS

A fountain of knowledge

Unfortunately all sites attract critique, some will be fair and some not.
    You usually only know which if you know a site well enough to recognise/not recognise anothers opinion of it and a commercial website wouldnt have been in business for over 8 years if they weren't operating legally and fairly in my experience.

All I can say is that FWR have contacted every single site/blog where criticism has ever been evident and passed on direct contact details.
    Unfortunately very few of these commenters have then contacted us in turn, although all of those that did had their issues investigated and resolved to their complete satisfaction.

No site offers a no find=no fee service because they are providing a service (that cannot be returned like physical goods that don't fit) although they'll all do their best to resolve issues and offer genuine help in my experience.

The lesson to be learned is that when you are offered free searches, free guides, free support and free collections lists you use all of these or even ask outright 'will I find xxx on this website?' before parting with any money.

On the subject of recurring payments it states right underneath (not to one side or half way across the page*) the monthly (not month or 1 month*) option 'Renews Monthly until you
    decide to stop' (and has a clickable link for more information including how you can prevent this).

*That is clearer than any other site in my opinion, although we appreciate people make errors and are happy to resolve any overpayment issues if customers contact us and haven't then used the paid for services naturally.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

I kept out of this one...there is a saying Don't bite the hand that feed you !

Your support (& that of FWR) of this forum which the use of is FREE for ALL is appreciated by me and I am sure others.

Valued member of Brit-Gen emmteeyess's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by emmteeyess View Post
    ... - looks like they'll stay in touch then, even when I cancel after a month.
    OF COURSE THEY WILL - they'll want me back!
    I've cancelled my renewal now and my subscription expires in a couple of days. I've printed out what I've found into pdfs.

In the cancelling process they did try to tempt me to continue with a reduced rate - £5 instead of the default £8odd. I declined but that might be a tip for anyone else with on ongoing subscription, to get a reduced rate offered.

Overall I wasn't that impressed with the info available or the format it came in, but some of that might just be down to what was available to match my searches, and as I've stated earlier I do love an original document!

Don't get me wrong, I don't feel cheated or tricked or anything like some we see who direct their comments to BritGen - I just wasn't impressed.

I have sent these comments to FWR also, as feedback, with more or less a 'thanks, but no thanks' as I think that's only fair.

Cheers, MTS
    Last edited by emmteeyess; 15-09-2017 at 3:00 PM. Reason: submitted before finished typing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12