Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default 18th century parish records

Are there any free records on the internet for the above. Ancestry is available at the library in NZ but no other subscription sites. I'm looking for the father and mother of Gilbert Jellians Fownes born about 1770... He married Ann/Anna Woodcock in 1797. Another Gilbert Jellians, his son was born and died in 1800. I want to take the family back
    Thanks for suggestions

Dundee10

You have forgotten to mention a location, but it appears to be Southwark for the marriage of Gilbert Snr. and baptism of Gilbert Jnr. You might initially want to look at FamilySearch:

https://familysearch.org/search/

There is a possible burial for Gilbert Snr. in 1846 so hopefully he can be found in 1841 to know whether or not he was born in the county.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default 18th century parish records

Sorry about the lack of location Dundee10 - I should have known better but was keen to put the first post up Thank you for your reply. I have all the family - yes Southwark. my gr gr gr grandfather Edward (twin Henry) were born in 1801 and there are more family further on but I cannot get a definitive answer on who were Gilbert Jellians Fownes' mother and father. Just looked for the 1841 census and can't find it. I shall have to come back.

It's worth remembering that damp, war, acid ink and human negligence do not contribute to the survival of records. Many registers are missing or too damaged to read.

It's usually worth checking the county and parish entries on genuki.or.uk. They generally give the start and finish dates for existing Church registers. I would then contact the appropriate FHS (also usually to be found on GENUKI) and ask them about the availability of the records.