Default WW1 RFC Wireless Detachment

WW1 RFC Wireless Detachment - stuggling to find anything about this unit so any and all information gratefully received.

I have a scroll photograph of them all, presumably after completing their training at Brooklands in 1915.

I know they were deployed to St Omer & my father to Ypres after that but have no details. I suspect they were split up and attached to reconnaissance squadrons or battery units all over the front, so any mention stumbled across in unit war diaries would be most welcome.

I do have a few names signed on a studio group photo of my father's (George Wingrove) & this can be seen on my website { google heirlooms-reunited to see it}
    Many thanks for any help .............
    Last edited by Lesley Robertson; 15-08-2017 at 1:19 PM. Reason: commercial website url removed

Any information that I could have given you has already been given on the forum HERE. I assume that you are the same person?

Did you try the National Archives?

RAF Signals works in different ways, but the WOps tend to move around as individuals, not regiments, etc. A lot would depend on whether he served as aircrew or ground communications.