Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Robert Sanderson

Looking for information on the Robert Sanderson who died in Dec 1761 in Cheshire. I'm hoping he was the Robert Sanderson born in 1696 in Boston, Massachusetts, BNA who emigrated to Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada in 1756 where he became involved in politics, becoming the first Speaker of the House of Assembly of the colony of Nova Scotia. He traveled to London in 1761 to appear before the Board of Trade and Plantations where he reported irregularities in the administration of the government of Nova Scotia.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Hello

What makes you think that Robert Sanderson died 1761 in the county of Cheshire an area of some 2,343 km˛

Name well known on Brit-Gen

I found this page whilst looking, not sure if relevant to you

https://www.ksanderson.com/edward_san...ertown_ma.html

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

I made a mistake in my post. The Robert Sanderson who died in Dec 1761 was buried in Houghton-Le-Spring, Durham, England which I have since learned is in far northern England. I now doubt that man is the Robert Sanderson who appeared before the Board of Trade and Plantations in London in early 1761. Also, it seems there were many Sandersons in Durham at that time. Also, according to a book "Nova Scotia Immigrants to 1867" it may be that Robert came back to Nova Scotia and moved to Cheshire, Nova Scotia in 1761. I will now search for any burial records for him in that town.