Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Loves to help with queries

Further to my message #4 where I mentioned that a Lilian WALDRON's birth was registered in Wolverhampton with mother's maiden name HICKMAN, there is a marriage registered in Dudley of a William A WALDRON to a Jenny HICKMAN in 1894. I think it's very possible that your WALDRONS were in Scotland for 1901 and 1911 census and that Lilian born 1915/16 may be a second daughter with that name and born Scotland.

obdavies

Thanks Sumi, this information appears to draw a lot of the strands together. For some reason I had difficulty yesterday registering (to buy credits) on SP, but I'll try again tomorrow and, hopefully, get some records to take me forward.

obdavies

I’ve obtained the Lilian Mary Waldren in Rathven, unfortunately the birth date is 27 April 1916. The only consistent thread throughany records I have obtained of Lilian Waldron are her name and her birth date of the 10th June plus her Father’s name is Albert, from the marriage, the 1939 census and the death certificate.

I have also obtained the 1911 Scottish census record showing Alfred Wardon (head) aged 37, Jeannie Waldron (wife) aged 36, (they have been married 16 years and report 6 children), William (son) 16, Lilian (daughter) 13, Fred (son) 10, Albert (son) 6, Harry (son) 4, Alfred (son) 2, plus James Carsworth (visitor) 52, Lena Milard (visitor) 39, James Milard (visitor) 5 and John Milard (visitor 2. I agree that this is the family from the 1901 Scottish census and also the family that are living with Lilian Ohagan (nee Waldron) in the 1939 census.

I still cannot make a relationship connection between the two. The Albert of the family in the Scottish census is too young to be the Albert who is the Father of Lilian, he would be just eight at her birth. The family cannot be her parents as the Father’s name is Alfred not Albert.

I will pursue the Wolverhampton birth to a mother named Hickman, that ties in with the 1901 Scottish census, but the birth was 1897. That would mean Lilian would have to pass herself off as 19 years younger than she actually was, plus her husband was a 1912 birth, why would she stretch her DoB to 1916?

Incidentally, there is no other Lilian Waldron birth in Scotland anywhere near the required time.

So lots of leads but unfortunately none that pan out or tie the Waldron family Lilian Waldron and her husband are living with in 1939, to Lilian Herself.

Dundee10

Quote Originally Posted by obdavies View Post
    I will pursue the Wolverhampton birth to a mother named Hickman, that ties in with the 1901 Scottish census, but the birth was 1897. That would mean Lilian would have to pass herself off as 19 years younger than she actually was, plus her husband was a 1912 birth, why would she stretch her DoB to 1916?
    Sumi wasn't suggesting that the 1897 birth is your Lilian, but that they may have have a later child named the same if the first child died. Probably a bit of a long bow to draw at the moment.

In my opinion you need to find out more about the Albert born c1872 and build up a family for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Goodey View Post
    You need to bear in mind the possibility that the father's name on the marriage certificate may not be accurate.
    It is possible that Lilian used Albert's name and occupation as a father if she either didn't know who her father was or if Albert had raised her. Her birth may not have been registered under the surname WALDRON.

I have also obtained the 1911 Scottish census record showing Alfred Wardon (head) aged 37.....
    The family cannot be her parents as the Father’s name is Alfred not Albert.
    Isn't the father in this family named Albert?

What are the parental details on the birth cert for Lilian Mary WALDREN born 1916 in Rathven?

obdavies

The parents of the birth of Lilian Mary Waldren are Frederick Ernest Waldren and the mother’s maiden name is Jane Cuth(tard?). The record shows they married on the 23 September 1915.

You are correct and I was mistaken, the name of the head of the family in both the 1901 and 1911 Scottish census is Albert, not Alfred. He is an ‘Ironmaker’ in 1901 and a ‘Shearer in the Sheet Mills’ in 1911.

I will pursue Albert (1872) to try to find a link and also seek a death for the 1897 Lilian occurring before 1916.

I'm increasingly (with all the assistance) coming to the conclusion that the Waldron family that Lilian and her husband are living with in the 1939 census may be her parents (Albert W Waldron born 17 Oct 1872 occupation 'Steelworks Patrol' and Jane Waldron born 17 Oct 1873). But I'm reluctant to follow this branch on the tree without some irrefutable evidence.

obdavies

I suspect this is the birth of Albert (1872);
    England & Wales, Civil Registration Birth Index, 1837-1915:
    William Albert Waldron
    Registration Year:1872
    Registration Quarter:Oct-Nov-Dec
    Registration districtudley
    Inferred County:Staffordshire
    Volume:6c
    Page:97

and this may be him prior to going to Scotland (1901 & 1911 Census');
    1881 England Census
    Name:Albert Waldron
    Estimated birth year:abt 1873
    Relationship to Head:Son
    Father:William Waldron
    Mother:Sarah Waldron
    Where born:Bilston, Staffordshire, England
    Civil Parish:Bilston
    County/Island:Staffordshire
    Street address:Wolverampton St Court 16 No 11

1891 England Census
    Name:Albert Waldron
    Estimated birth year:abt 1873
    Relation:Son
    Father's name:William Waldron
    Mother's name:Sarah Waldron
    Where born:Bilston, Staffordshire, England
    Civil Parish:Bilston
    Ecclesiastical parish:St Mary
    Town:Bilston
    County/Island:Staffordshire
    Registration district:Wolverhampton

but I can't find a marriage to Jane.

obdavies

Sumi wrote (#4) There is a birth registered in Wolverhampton Sept qtr 1897 Lilian HICKMAN mother's maiden name HICKMAN.
    However I think this is the result;
    England & Wales, Civil Registration Death Index, 1916-2007
    Name:Lilian Hickman
    Death Age:56
    Birth Date:abt 1898
    Registration Dateec 1954
    Registration district:Wolverhampton
    Volume:9b
    Page:778

Whereas the Lilian I am attempting to trace died in Middlesbrough in 2003. Just following all the suggested leads.

obdavies

I've probably found the marriage of Albert and 'Jane';
    England & Wales, Civil Registration Marriage Index, 1837-1915
    Name:William Albert Waldron
    Registration Year:1894
    Registration Quarter:Jul-Aug-Sep
    Registration districtudley
    Volume:6c
    Page:149
    Records on Page:
    Name
    Jenny Hickman ####
    John Nokes
    Ruth Rudge
    William Albert Waldron ###

Source Information
    FreeBMD. England & Wales, Civil Registration Marriage Index, 1837-1915 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2006.

But I still can't tie Lilian Waldron born 10th June 1916 into this family, apart from the fact that she's living with them in 1939.

Dundee10

Quote Originally Posted by Sumi View Post
    There is a birth registered in Wolverhampton Sept qtr 1897 Lilian HICKMAN mother's maiden name HICKMAN.
    I think Sumi made a typo here, it should be Lilian WALDRON, mmn HICKMAN.

WALDRON, LILIAN
    Mother's maiden surname: HICKMAN
    GRO Reference: 1897 Sep Quarter in WOLVERHAMPTON Volume 06B Page 687

Dundee10

The parents of the birth of Lilian Mary Waldren are Frederick Ernest Waldren and the mother’s maiden name is Jane Cuth(tard?). The record shows they married on the 23 September 1915.
    This family emigrated to Canada and can be found in the 1921 census in Ontario.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast