Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Famous for offering help & advice

Quote Originally Posted by obdavies View Post
    Who are Thomas & Clara? I was rechecking ‘Thomas William Waldron’, the husband of Harriet Jane Kent, as I had no proof that it was ‘William Thomas Waldron', the son of Albert and Jane Hickman. Both were born in 1895. You may recall that all other family trees I looked at on Anc stated he was born in Lanarkshire but none offered any record or evidence, plus SP has no birth record. So I looked further and found a birth in Wolverhampton of a Thomas William Waldron to parents Thomas and Clara. There is also a Lily Waldron born 1879 within this second family.

I still have no proof that Thomas William Waldron who married Harriet Jane was any relation to the Lilian Waldron who married Harriet’s brother. It is something I may pursue a certificate for if the certificate on Lilian Waldron I am waiting for from GRO does not clarify Lilian’s birth.

I feel that the Thomas/William Waldron and Lilian combination could equally fit either family.
    If I have the correct family then I believe that it was Thomas Alfred Waldron b 1891 to Thomas and Clara Waldron nee Holyfield in Wolverhampton . Lily was born 1889. The family are together in Wolverhampton in 1901 and 1911.

obdavies

The Thomas I was looking at was;
    England & Wales, Civil Registration Birth Index, 1837-1915
    Name:William Thomas Waldron
    Registration Year:1895
    Registration Quarter:Apr-May-Jun
    Registration district:Wolverhampton
    Inferred County:Staffordshire
    Volume:6b
    Page:689

However, you're right, Lily (Lilian) is 1889 and Thomas is reported in 1901 and 1911 as a 1892 birth in the Thomas & Clara family. Looks like I'll have to get the Thomas/Harriet marriage cert. to see if his Father tallies.

Dundee10

Quote Originally Posted by obdavies View Post
    The Thomas I was looking at was;
    England & Wales, Civil Registration Birth Index, 1837-1915
    Name:William Thomas Waldron
    Registration Year:1895
    Registration Quarter:Apr-May-Jun
    Registration district:Wolverhampton
    Inferred County:Staffordshire
    Volume:6b
    Page:689
    That is the same birth registration that I posted earlier

Quote Originally Posted by Dundee10 View Post
    WALDRON, WILLIAM THOMAS
    Mother's maiden surname: HICKMAN
    GRO Reference: 1895 June Quarter in WOLVERHAMPTON
    Volume 06B Page 689
    Try to use the GRO indexes as they give the mother's maiden surname which makes it so much easier to sort family groups. You have to register but it is free.

https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/c...es/default.asp

obdavies

Thanks for all your help, I think we've finally cracked it. Just received the birth certificate for Jenny Waldron and her birth date is that elusive 10th June 1916, born at 71 Aire Street, Eston. Mother Lily Waldron but no Father named. It wasn't registered until the 8th August 1916.

Now all I have to find out is why, how and when Jenny Waldron became Lilian Waldron.

Thanks again everyone. Now how do I establish which Lily Waldron was the Mother .............................

obdavies

P.S. Any suggestions how I might identify the Father?

obdavies

So the trail is Lilian Waldron was actually born Jenny Waldron on the 10th June 1916 at 71 Aire Street, Eston, Middlesbrough to a Lily Waldron of 'No Occupation', no Father was named on the birth certificate.

Her mother, Lily Waldron went on to marry Joseph William Kent in 1918 and have three further children. I do not know if Joseph knew of the 'Jenny' birth.

It is probable that the 'Albert' recorded in Lilian's 1935 marriage certificate as her Father was in fact her Grandfather, though Lilian may have been brought up to believe Her Grandparents (who she was living with in the 1939 census) were her parents.

obdavies

No, now that I think about it she couldn't think her Grandparents were her parents as she reported her 'Father' Albert as deceased on her 1935 marriage certificate, while she was actually still living with her grandfather Albert.

Loves to help with queries

Good news that the birth registered for Jenny WALDRON is your Lilian. One mystery solved but it is unlikely you will know who her biological father was....he may have been mother Lily's beau killed in WW1.

Sue

obdavies

Yes Sumi, it's probable that even Lilian didn't know her Father's name as she would be only 9 years old when her mother, Lily, died in childbirth.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345