Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Dundee10

Quote Originally Posted by Dundee10 View Post
    ......Thomas W. WALDRON who was apparently born 1895, but I can't work out who he was.
    He was probably Lilian's brother William Thomas born 1895, He also had a son called Alfred Victor.

obdavies

Following up Dundee10’s lead, I found a coincidence. Though I’m not too sure how significant it is, it may tie in some of the Waldron family around the Middlesbrough area.

The marriage was this;
    Marriages Dec 1916
    Kent Harriet J Waldron Middlesbro 9d 1071
    Waldron Thomas W Kent Middlesbro 9d 1071

One of the five children resulting from that marriage was their first born, a boy named Alfred V Waldron born December quarter of 1918. The coincidence is that the son of the couple Lilian was living with in the 1939 census was Alfred Victor Waldron born 1908. The ‘Alfred Victor’ coincidence seems a relevant factor, or am I just clutching at straws now?

Loves to help with queries

No, I don't think you are clutching at straws, was just going to post the same details. That could very well be Lilian born 1897 naming her son after her brother Alfred Victor. Lilian c1916 married in a RC church, does that mean all the family were RC? If you are local to the Records Office it might be worthwhile looking at baptism registers which give name of godparents who are often family members.
    Good luck with the 1916 birth certificate for Jenny.

Sue

obdavies

Sumi, I think the family were RC because, you're right Lilian (1916) married in an RC church in 1935, but that might have been because her husband John O'Hagan was definitely RC. Plus when I went on to SP to trace the time the Waldron family spent in Scotland (1901 & 1911 census) the children born there were in the RC records. So it's a fair bet. I'll try Teesside Archives sometime, though the Latin interpretation of the names they give people sometimes throws me.

obdavies

I'm really struggling to link the Thomas W Waldron into the Lily Waldron (1897) family. I have his marriage and his death in Dec 1942 that indicates he was 46 years old, making his birth 1895/96, but no possible birth around that period.

England & Wales, Civil Registration Death Index, 1916-2007
    Name:Thomas W Waldron
    Death Age:46
    Birth Date:abt 1896
    Registration Dateec 1942
    Registration district:Cleveland
    Inferred County:Yorkshire North Riding
    Volume:9d
    Page:403

I would obviously wish to tie him in to the Waldron family to make a connection between the two Alfred Victor's (1908 & 1918) but I cannot find Thomas W Waldron's birth, so cannot identify his family.

obdavies

I’ve managed to establish a relationship between the two Kent, Joseph William and Harriet Jane who married Waldrons, they are together with their parents Daniel and Sophia at South Bank in the 1911 census.

Their respective children may connect to the Albert W Waldron who was with Lilian in the 1939 census, in that Harriet’s first child was named Alfred Victor (1918) and Joseph’s first child was named Albert W (1919).

This is like pulling teeth.

obdavies

Still on the Waldron track while I await the arrival of Lilian Waldron’s (I hope) birth certificate from the GRO. This time it’s a Thomas William Waldron I’m seeking, the husband of Harriet Jane Kent, in an attempt to draw him into the Lilian mystery. I can only find his death certificate from 1942 in Cleveland which indicates that he was 46 years old, giving a DoB of around 1896.

Most family trees I’ve found indicate that he was born in Lanarkshire, Scotland in 1895, but none has any indication of proof and significantly a search of SP reveals no such birth in Scotland, let alone specifically Lanarkshire. So I’m guessing people are just replicating a mistake without checking.

The nearest record I can find is William Thomas Waldron (note the reversal of the Christian names) born in the June quarter of 1895 in Wolverhampton. A lot of the associated Waldron family are Wolverhampton based.

The problem is, I can’t trace Thomas in either the 1901 or 1911 census’. There is a Thomas Waldron who claims to have been born in Wolverhampton in both, but that is a person of the same name born in Cannock in 1892.

Can anyone find any evidence to support the Lanarkshire, or at least Scotland, birth, or trace thee 1895/96 birth in Wolverhampton in the 1901 or 1911 census’?

obdavies

Forgot to mention, I’m hoping that Thomas W Waldron becomes the Thomas Waldron the son of Thomas and Clara and therefore the brother of Lilian Waldron (1897). However that Thomas is consistently recorded with a 1892 birth and that both coincides with the Cannock birth plus it’s a long way out (by 3 years) only six years later. I’m assuming most parents van distinguish between a 6 year old and a 9 year old.

Dundee10

You seem to be making hard work of this. Perhaps you missed my earlier comments:

A possible marriage for Lilian (born 1897) as Lily WALDRON to Joseph W KENT in Middlesbrough in 1918. A son is born in 1922 and in 1925 it appears that a daughter is born and both mother and child die. The death for Lilian KENT has her age at 28.

Joseph remarried in 1933. He had a sister Harriet who married a Thomas W. WALDRON who was apparently born 1895, but I can't work out who he was.
    He was probably Lilian's brother William Thomas born 1895, He also had a son called Alfred Victor.
    Alfred Victor born 1908 in Scotland was the son of Albert W./William A. WALDRON and Jane/Jenny HICKMAN.

Alfred V. born 1918 in Middlesbrough was the son of Thomas/William WALDRON and Harriet KENT.

Quote Originally Posted by obdavies View Post
    I have also obtained the 1911 Scottish census record showing Alfred [Albert] Wardon [Waldron] (head) aged 37, Jeannie Waldron (wife) aged 36, (they have been married 16 years and report 6 children), William (son) 16, Lilian (daughter) 13, Fred (son) 10, Albert (son) 6, Harry (son) 4, Alfred (son) 2, plus James Carsworth (visitor) 52, Lena Milard (visitor) 39, James Milard (visitor) 5 and John Milard (visitor) 2.
    The birth registrations for their children:

WALDRON, WILLIAM THOMAS
    Mother's maiden surname: HICKMAN
    GRO Reference: 1895 June Quarter in WOLVERHAMPTON
    Volume 06B Page 689

WALDRON, LILIAN
    Mother's maiden surname: HICKMAN
    GRO Reference: 1897 Sep Quarter in WOLVERHAMPTON
    Volume 06B Page 687

WALDRON, FREDERICK JAMES
    628/ 820
    Cambusnethan

WALDRON, ALBERT
    628/ 386
    Cambusnethan

WALDRON, HARRY
    652/2 822
    Coatbridge or Old Monkland

WALDRON, ALFRED VICTOR
    652/2 1366
    Coatbridge or Old Monkland

Most family trees I've found indicate that he was born in Lanarkshire, Scotland in 1895, but none has any indication of proof and significantly a search of SP reveals no such birth in Scotland, let alone specifically Lanarkshire.
    Thomas/William probably thought that he was born there as most of his siblings were. Alternatively the family may have assumed he was born in Scotland if they knew that he grew up there.

Forgot to mention, I'm hoping that Thomas W Waldron becomes the Thomas Waldron the son of Thomas and Clara and therefore the brother of Lilian Waldron (1897)
    Who are Thomas and Clara?

The only way to confirm that William Thomas and Thomas William are the same person would be to purchase his marriage certificate.

obdavies

Who are Thomas & Clara? I was rechecking ‘Thomas William Waldron’, the husband of Harriet Jane Kent, as I had no proof that it was ‘William Thomas Waldron', the son of Albert and Jane Hickman. Both were born in 1895. You may recall that all other family trees I looked at on Anc stated he was born in Lanarkshire but none offered any record or evidence, plus SP has no birth record. So I looked further and found a birth in Wolverhampton of a Thomas William Waldron to parents Thomas and Clara. There is also a Lily Waldron born 1879 within this second family.

I still have no proof that Thomas William Waldron who married Harriet Jane was any relation to the Lilian Waldron who married Harriet’s brother. It is something I may pursue a certificate for if the certificate on Lilian Waldron I am waiting for from GRO does not clarify Lilian’s birth.

I feel that the Thomas/William Waldron and Lilian combination could equally fit either family.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast