Valued member of Brit-Gen

Default Thomas James Reid & Sophie Louisa Newland

Thomas & Sophie married in Dublin 1933 and had 3 children
    Found a death for a Sophie Louisa Reid in Barnett in 1969.
    Anyone have any further info on Thomas James.
    Last edited by almach; 03-08-2017 at 7:00 PM. Reason: Removed names of potential living people.

Valued member of Brit-Gen MrsPoppy's Avatar

Hi Perseus - I wonder if this would be better off elsewhere as I believe this is the place to put questions regarding navigating the site.

There is a birth in the Irish indexes in 1912 for Sophie Louisa on family search.

Mrs P

Hi Perseus,

Your post has been moved from Navigating Brit - Gen Forum, to General Family History Queries. Navigating Brit - Gen is a forum for how to navigate the site.

Unfortunately it has been necessary to edit your post as we do not allow names of potential living people to be published. Please see the site's T&C's here, https://www.british-genealogy.com/te...conditions.php
    Alma

Thanks Mrs P

Thanks Almach. I see the modified post.

janbooth

According to Ancestry's Irish Civil Registration Marriage Index, the marriage of Thomas J REID was registered in the December qtr 1933 at Dunshaughlin, which apparently is in Co Meath according to Google, and one of the other names on the page is that of a Sophie NEWLAND. There are then 3 REID birth registrations with mother's maiden NEWLAND either in Dublin North or Dublin South the last being in 1942. This makes it somewhat difficult to find records in England for Thomas James because the family will not appear in the 1939 Index and his name is relatively common.

I cannot find a death registration for a Sophie Louise REID in Barnet in 1969 but can find one in the September qtr 1969 at Hendon reg district, this Sophie giving a birthdate of 9 June 1911. There is an Irish birth registration for a Sophia Louise NEWLAND in the June qtr 1912 at Dublin South reg district. A possibility for the birth registration of your Thomas James REID is one in the June qtr 1911 at Dublin South reg district, as the majority of records pertaining to Thomas & Sophie seem to be in the Dublin area.

Janet