Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by stepives View Post
    If you are going to Dublin, then catch a train to Carrick on Shannon. The Irish GRO is in Roscommon, Co.Roscommon. You can then apply for certs in person, while you wait.

There is also a train that can take you to Westport, from Dublin(Heuston Station), from Westport to Roscommon, €32 return, I believe. But don't hold me to that.

Dublin(Connolly) Station to Carrick on Shannon, is €32 but the taxi will add to the cost.

How you get from Carrick on Shannon to Roscommon, wil be a taxi ride, if you're not driving over. About a 50 mile round trip.

Ádh mór and Fáilte.
    OHHHH I thought it was in Dublin, perhaps online then

Thanks

Knowledgeable and helpful stepives's Avatar

Please don't take my comments as gospel, you will need to confirm it first.

I can get historical copies of Irish certs at the GRO, in Roscommon, but have never needed to get any that need to be certified.

Family history, Historical research certs take about 5 minutes ot get......so please check your requirements are available on the day, or as you wait.
    Too many bones, too much sorrow, but until I am dead, there's always tomorrow.

Knowledgeable and helpful

If you order on-line, you should have it in a few days. That seems a lot quicker and easier then going to Dublin or Roscommon.
    ELWYN

Knowledgeable and helpful stepives's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elwyn Soutter View Post
    If you order on-line, you should have it in a few days. That seems a lot quicker and easier then going to Dublin or Roscommon.
    Absolutely. But if the original poster is going to Dublin.....why not see the rest of the country.
    Too many bones, too much sorrow, but until I am dead, there's always tomorrow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12