Thread: Help

Default Help

Hello I am new to this site and don't know how to find the right place to post my question on the ancestors I'm looking fore. Is there anyone who can tell med the right way

Look at the top right of your screen. There's a set of 4 dropdown menus (to the right of the tree stump). Select Forum and you will get a menu list all of our forums - if the screen shows a collection of red horizontal bars, clicking on one of them will list the Forums that belong under its heading.
    Select one and see what's there.
    At the top of most individual forums, you will find "sticky" messages (so-called because they don't scroll down with the rest of the messages. They contain general info relevant to that forum.

If you are accessing the forum via Forces War Records, and can't see the tree stump mentioned by Lesley, look at the button bottom left of the screen which says FWR and toggle it to British Genealogy.

Don't worry too much if you post in the wrong place. Most regular members check New Posts and will see it wherever it is posted, and a Moderator can always move a post if necessary.
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids