Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Alice NIMMO -died Huddersfield 5 Aug 1988

Hello
    I am seeking information about Alice NIMMO, who lived at Springwood Hall Gardens, in Huddersfield, at the time of her death on 5 August 1988, aged 95. Alice was the wife of William NIMMO, (William had died in 1959)

Alice and William had a daughter , that I did not know of until 2010. I don't know if she married or is still alive.

William NIMMO was a brother of my Scottish Grandmother, Agnes Baxter Emslie NIMMO.
    It appears that William worked for the Post Office in Liverpool for many years.

In early 2010, I sent a letter to several Huddersfield Funeral firms enquiring if they had conducted the service for Alice Nimmo -but no one replied.

I live 12,000 miles away in New Zealand, and would appreciate any information.

Thank you

David Little
    Last edited by christanel; 01-07-2017 at 2:22 AM. Reason: name of possibly living person removed.

Hi
    i see from a post of yours on another forum in 2007 you say "William became a Post Office worker in Liverpool. He died in 1959 and is buried in Muiravonside cemetery." You know that A;ice is not buried with her husband?
    I have had to remove the name of their daughter as we are not allowed to post details of living people. However if Alice's maiden name was Laird then there is a birth registration on FreeBMD in the March 1/4 1923 registration district Birkenhead Cheshire vol 8a page 899
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Reputation beyond repute

In early 2010, I sent a letter to several Huddersfield Funeral firms enquiring if they had conducted the service for Alice Nimmo -but no one replied.
    I'm not surprised. You need to contact the relevant council and ask for a search of their burial and cremation registers. There will probably be a charge.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Goodey View Post
    I'm not surprised. You need to contact the relevant council and ask for a search of their burial and cremation registers. There will probably be a charge.
    Thank you Peter, I stand corrected. I'm still learning the ropes here.
    -David

janbooth

1939 Register of Liverpool shows William & Alice NIMMO living at 5 Hardinge Road with a Maria LAIRD who is single and 1 redacted record which could well be the daughter to whom you refer. Can't give you full details because of FindmyPast's terms and conditions.

Alice NIMMO appears on the National Probate Calendar. She died on 5 August 1988 and was of 69 Springwood Hall Gardens, Huddersfield. Probate of the Will was granted at Leeds on 9 November 1988. If you obtain a copy of this Will, it may give you more information re Alice's family.

According to the GRO Index, a MS Annie Bowden NIMMO, dob 23 January 1923, died on 20 December 2009 at York, perhaps a likely candidate for the daughter of William & Alice. 2003 Electoral Register shows an Annie B NIMMO living at 17 Appleton Court, York.

Janet

Do you know what Alice's maiden name was? I can find only one marriage of a William Nimmo to an Alice at a suitable time - Alice M. Munden who married William N. Nimmo in 1930 in Fulham.
    They seem to have lived in London through the 1930s, and had 6 children.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

He died in 1959 and is buried in Muiravonside cemetery." You know that Aice is not buried with her husband
    Thought his name may only be on the headstone, buried /cremated elsewhere. The cost of the coffin being transported and all the paperwork?

Good picture of headstone and clear inscription!

https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/f...PIpi=153711786

Annie Bowden Nimmo b 23 Jan 1923 died 20 Dec 2009

The property Annie is recorded as living at in the years 2002-2003 ( public electoral register) was sold in July 2010 see
    https://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-pri...ountry=england

NIMMO ANNIE BOWDEN
    05 May 2010
    20 December 2009
    Grant and will Newcastle Upon Tyne

Order from
    probatesearch.service.gov.uk/Wills?surname=nimmo&yearOfDeath=2009&advancedSearc h=False&IsGrantSearch=True#wills

cost £10.00

Oops you have some of this info!