Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Now, of course I am totally intrigued by Peter's "invited to leave" but I will restrain my curiosity and focus it on finding the other three husbands of one of my cousins................. yup we're two down and three to go on that one.

I love the fact that so many members of Brit-Gen feel as I do about the membership of this forum. So many people with so much knowledge and the generosity to give their precious time to help.
    I can't say this often enough

THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH
    Sadly, our dear friend Ann (alias Ladkyis) passed away on Thursday, 26th. December, 2019.
    Footprints on the sands of time

Scared of spiders but fond of frogs!

Another one from 2004 checking in! Yes, this place has helped me a lot in the past - finding others with connections to my families, gently putting me straight when I've made mistakes as we all probably did when we first started.

Many members have helped me a lot, for example Ann B from Devon, Glenys (can't remember her user name) but the BIG four to me are: Guy Etchells who was kind enough to take photos of St. George's Church, Lupset for me, Peter Goodey, Mark J from St. Enoder, Cornwall & Geoffers. Does anyone know what's happened to Geoffers, as he is now appearing as a Guest? Has he had to register again as Guy did?

Knowledgeable and helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Etchells View Post
    Whilst agreeing with your post I must raise a small note of caution. The joined date does not necessarily show when the poster joined the forum.
    I was one of the first forum members when Rod transferred from the mailing lists to the forum. I was actually working for Rod at the time and my subscription was transferred by him when he started the forum.

However during one of the changes of ownership of the forum my password was corrupted and I was re-subscribed.
    My join date then appeared as the re-subscription date not the join date, earlier posts show me as a guest.

Not an important point but as family history is about accuracy of records one that must be mentioned as re-subscription could show on other subscriber’s status as well.

Cheers
    Guy
    ...and here's me thinking that you had found the elixir to life Guy. You've been rejuvenated. What's the secret?

Tony
    "People will not look forward to posterity who never look backward to their ancestors.” Edmund Burke

I had "time off for good behaviour" as well, but was fortunate that they could attach my before and after lives when
    a Mod who shall remain nameless twisted my arm...

The "guest" tag on Geoffers posts indicates that he's no longer a member of the forum.

Guy has a portrait in his attic.

Starting to feel at home

Anyone who has done research on a family or subject, other than their own, will no doubt agree that successful or not they learnt / learned something new. Very often our own research can involve similar locations, occupations and life styles.

When I moved to Canada in 2002, my wife's family research led to research in Canada/ First Nation / Metis / French Voyageurs/ Scandinavian /American/ Scottish / Irish. More variation than mine, ancestor wise, England /Jersey/England /Jersey, a couple in Guernsey, some more in England, oh and Jersey.. There is certainly French, but nothing after the 16th century.

Re Geoffers, I asked this question some time back, answer was he no longer had internet.

Knowledgeable and helpful

Quote Originally Posted by tony vines View Post
    ...and here's me thinking that you had found the elixir to life Guy. You've been rejuvenated. What's the secret?

Tony
    I could not possibly say on a family forum Tony.

Though not quite what you were thinking of I actually did find the elixir to life.

Suffice to say that I dropped out of uni to when a group I was in got a recording contract and we had a typical lifestyle of other groups in the late 60s early 70s, drugs sex and rock & roll.
    Luckily I had a bust up with our manager and that very probably saved me from the lifestyle as I left the business altogether.
    Not rejuvenation but certainly survival.

It is something I seldom talk about but something I am glad I experienced and enjoyed.

Cheers
    Guy
    As we have gained from the past, we owe the future a debt, which we pay by sharing today.

What a GREAT thread, so good to hear your stories of why you are members, followers or moderators.

Now, if possible I would like to know if anyone would be interested in writing about their Brit-Gen experience, as to when you joined the forum & why, what you have found, (any special stories), why you stay a member, what was the benefit of joining and any other personal experience that you would like to talk about with regards to why you continue to stay on the forum and ‘what’ new followers will experience if they join.

This is because the owners of the forum are looking to promote the forum via an email campaign in November, so plenty of time yet!!

If you are interested please send me details, say no more than 500 words via Private Message, or via: [email protected]

Thanks for all your continued support and hard work on the forum, I look forward to hopefully hearing from some of you.

Warm regards
    Neil

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123